Treating / Preventing Facial and Acne Scars

Yeah I guess it does just depend on you skin because Retin-A cleared up some of my scarring, while the bleaching cream I'm using got rid of them almost completely.

I use a combination of Vitamin C serum and Vitamin E oil, and I noticed a difference on the scar in about 3 days......

I use it in the morning and at night.
-wash face
-toner
-vitamin C then when it dries vitamin E
-Moisturizer

drink the vitamins, put them on your skin, take them as much as you can take them...

Exfoliation is also good so you're gonna be developing new skin cells, so the dead ones gots to go!!.

SPF is also key

I suggest to go to the derma and get a diamond peel or micropeel. It will lighten your blemishes on the face.

Yeah you can just buy it at health food stores. It's reasonably priced and you can even just buy it in capsules and break open the capsules at put the oil inside on any scars! :smile:

I also drink lots of aloe vera drinks...supposedly it's really good for your skin.
I didn't even know aloe vera's are edible....but whatever....lolz

I use Derma E Skin Lighten. Works pretty well. I also use pure vitamin e oil in combination with it.

my friend uses the juices from a lemon.. its supposed to lighten the scars. but does this actually work?

also i read somewhere scars can never completety fade away.

I've been using Vitamin E oil for the last couple days, and have been noticing a difference. I just slather it on my whole face, since I have fair skin and can't remember a time when I didn't have acne scars. :doh: Something tells me I'm going to be using this for a long time. :wub: It's not a gross feeling kind of oil, I like to put it on. And surprisingly doesn't make me break out.

whiteshells said:
I've been using Vitamin E oil for the last couple days, and have been noticing a difference. I just slather it on my whole face, since I have fair skin and can't remember a time when I didn't have acne scars. :doh: Something tells me I'm going to be using this for a long time. :wub: It's not a gross feeling kind of oil, I like to put it on. And surprisingly doesn't make me break out.
So your scars are really going away,using vitamin oil?

Slightly. I can't say it's dramatic thusfar, but I'm going to keep using it and see how it goes.

Exfoliate with the St. Ive's Apricot Scrub. It's cheap cheap cheap and amaaaazing.

aizawa said:
my friend uses the juices from a lemon.. its supposed to lighten the scars. but does this actually work?

also i read somewhere scars can never completety fade away.

I heard this too. It worked for some but not all. I'll try it, hope it works out for me :lol:

Lemon juice is too strong and can burn sensitive skin. I use Aveeno blemish treatment which cures the blemish and earase the scar. It's quite good really, it just takes weeks to actually fade. But it seem only works on the red ones, but the ones that turned plum only fade. I'll guess I'll use the vitamin.

Skin scarring - what method to correct?

Hi - I have searched about this subject but could not find anything on the forum.

I have had some acne problems which have cleared up over the year. But, unfortunately, I have scars on my face that I want cleared up. I have two kinds. One is redness embedded in my skin. The second kind is enlarged pores or a group of enlarged pores that look like I have wholes in my skin. I was told today that the second kind might not go away (not anyone professional). I am considering getting a chemical peel or laser peel. I don`t know which one, if any, works for the kinds of scars I have. Before I went to the derm, I thought I would get some other`s opinions, etc...

TIA :flower:

You might get some more advice on the topic if you flip through the pages of the acne thread :smile: Goodluck!

I guess I should`ve clarified - I need nontopical more in the office kind of a treatment.

^ For scars and discolorations of the skin, there are several options. You could try a chemical peel or a laser resurfacing of the skin. Both methods work by burning or peeling of the surface layers of the skin and letting new skin come out in its place. The results can be really good, a blemish free, soft looking skin :heart: , but there are a couple of things to consider:

1. These types of procedures work best in fair skinned people. People of other ethnicities can have problems because of a condition called hyperpigmentation. If you tend to get dark colored spots wherever you've had a pimple, or if any scratch tends to get dark once it heals, then your skin could have a tendency to hyperpigment as a defense mechanism.

2. Any type of procedure that involves resurfacing the outer layers of the skin means that the new skin is really, really sun sensitive: high spf screen will become an absolute must and wide brimmed hats will be more than fashion accesories. You have to be really careful with any outdoor activity, and think about reapplying your sunscreen every two hours if you're out in the sun, specially if you're sweating and/or bathing.

I'm not trying to scare you from these procedure so I hope I don't come across as overly negative. I'm just speaking from experience. I'm latinamerican and have oily skin. Although I didn't have that much of a problem with acne as a teenager, I do have large pores and freckles that as I grew older I noticed they became darker and darker during the summer, until in my eyes, they made my face look a bit "dirty". A couple of years ago I decided to have a laser resurfacing to tackle both these problems. I don't remember the name of the type of laser that was used in my case, as there are several options, but I can only tell you it hurt a lot and when I came out of the procedure, I really looked like Wile. E. Coyote. Over the next few days, the burned sections formed a scab that got darker and darker but I wasn't worried because the doctor had told me to expect that. I was also told to avoid the sun as much as possible, but that wasn't a problem because I had no desire to leave the house looking like I did :blush: . After about 5 days, the scabs started to fall off, and I was really happy as the skin underneath looked pink and as soft as a baby's butt, but then about a couple of days after this, the new skin turned darker and darker, until in the end from a distance it looked like I had a beard, since my chin, above my lips and my cheeks turned black. I was horrified and puzzled as I had not even stepped out of the house since coming back from the doctor's office, so it couldn't have been sun damage. A week after the appointment I went back to the doctor's office and they told me my skin had hyperpigmented, a possible side effect, that is more common with people of my ethnicity. The hyperpigmentation fades even on its own, but it can take six months or more. In my case I was lucky my skin is not sensitive because I could use a solution of a lightening chemical called hydroquinone, which worked in about a month. Had my skin proved too sensitive for the hydroquinone, I don't really know what I would have done.

Anyway, this is my story. I was really mad for a while with the dermatologist, since no one had mentioned hyperpigmentation when we talked about side effects, but then I became mostly mad at myself, because I really didn't take the time to research the procedure properly. Once I started doing it (after the fact, sadly) I found a lot of info on the net, including many people who had experienced what I did. So, in a nutshell, my advice to you would be: find a reputable dermatologist and discuss what it is you want and the results you would like to achieve. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you can think of (it's your face and your money after all) and then some. And do consider less invasive procedures (like microdermabrasion, for example), which while not as potentially spectacular as a chemical peel or laser resurfacing, can produce a glowing, healthy looking skin. And remember, your blemishes look surely much worse to you than to other people. I know for a fact that my husband had never even noticed my "large pores" anymore than he had thought my freckles were ugly. Sorry for rambling on, and hope this helps a little :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->