Trends You Are Sick Of...

Chelsea boots, especially the elastic part. Went to a dress party on Saturday eve and the majority of guys wore them.

This thread always cracks me up because I tend to do most of the stuff on here which you lot deplore. Lol.
Fanny packs - Yes, kill me! They're practical, especially since I cycle about town. Not the one with logos and patterns, that's tacky! Can put my keys, wallet, mobile phone, bamboo straw, and waterless hand sanitiser all in there. Two strikes? I wear it across my shoulder, who would want all that weight on their crotch?
Oh my god stop!

They show that in some menswear collections, and I think it looks really good =) The sac banane across the chest. I didn't realize it was a fanny pack actually, sometimes the shape is different.

P.S. I actually want chelsea boots! lol

They show that in some menswear collections, and I think it looks really good =) The sac banane across the chest. I didn't realize it was a fanny pack actually, sometimes the shape is different.

P.S. I actually want chelsea boots! lol

The size of the bags are actually getting smaller, which immediately loses the practical appeal for me. What I do hate which I'm seeing everywhere is this.....

bd96a69e9b73c46537c67b3fb80a1103.jpg

No comment about Chelsea boots. Actually, no! Why don't you just get yourself a pair of Frye boots? It's a classic American menswear piece! Plus the concealed zipper looks way chicer than that ugly elastic segment of the Chelsea boot. Just my opinion.

Image: Pinterest

Deal with it, Anikatee! :P
I'm sure you have a style hack which many on here can't bear.
Yeah, I might have :D

The size of the bags are actually getting smaller, which immediately loses the practical appeal for me. What I do hate which I'm seeing everywhere is this.....

bd96a69e9b73c46537c67b3fb80a1103.jpg

No comment about Chelsea boots. Actually, no! Why don't you just get yourself a pair of Frye boots? It's a classic American menswear piece! Plus the concealed zipper looks way chicer than that ugly elastic segment of the Chelsea boot. Just my opinion.
Haven't seen those in here. Hope I won't have to see. Like what are you trying to tell about yourself when you are wearing these? "I'm almost a security guard"?

Image: Pinterest
I searched for this, and got a short boot with an asymmetric zipper--is that the one you mean? They have a lot of nice different ones actually, like with buckles and such. Is the Frye company known for a particular boot?

That's really interesting :smile: What a weird thing to become popular? Maybe they all work in the same sort of place. I kind of imagine having a pocket like that, to put my phone in when I'm out. I don't always have the proper pockets, some are too slanted, etc. Is there a name for that thing?

I guess this is my men's edition and normally I feel like it's none of my business and who am I to judge because I'm not even a man but here, doing what they do with women's clothes they will never wear and taking my time:

• these hideous long-sleeve tees with logos, letters, or whatever motif on the sleeves. Especially in white, but frankly light gray and yellow and even green are all ew.
  • Jordans. I don't even know how to start, but they're repulsive and unattractive.. there's really no way (or amount of handsomeness) to make them work, if you're tall and skinny, it just magnifies how stupid they look.. but if you're more in the compact category, it's just obscene. Besides, the design..?. I see guys line up overnight for this and it just blows my mind. One morning I actually saw a dude cutting into that embarrassing line and 3 guys smashed him against a wall and then kicked him on the floor for almost a minute.. now you would think this circus came to an end right there but no, he got up, bleeding from one eyebrow and continued to wait in the freakin' line, occasionally wiping his face like 'so what? nothing to look here!'. I painted my nails and drank my coffee as I watched this sad case of human degradation within capitalism from my window. Later in the afternoon, curiosity got the best of me and I stopped by to ask a SA what shoes men were lining up for.. oh lord, the fugliest Buzz Lightyear bootie type of sneakers. Jordans obviously.
  • Not a trend but this denial to just embrace baldness and putting on a hat ALL.THE.TIME. I saw pictures of a client's wedding and she looks all lovely in her dress and he's just rocking a fedora that has nothing to do with the rest of his getup or even the landscape, let alone the occasion. Yes it's not something that you wanted to happen but just shave it off and carry on.
  • Leather jackets. "oh that's not a trend, that's classic!".. it's a trend if you're trendy, okay?
  • Super skinny low-rise jeans.
  • Rick Owens anything. It's not 2007- 2011, babes, get over it. Especially the extra long black tees that nearly always give a man boobs appearance.

Benn, funny how some things say something totally different depending on location. That harness-y thing screams mass shooter in my eyes...

I'm tired of all of this "I'm from the hood bad boy b*tch resting face in a ugly graffitied wall/trash container" Ugh, I can't, specially when you realize that the people they tried to portrait can't really afford 3000 dlls in a Vetements hoodie.

Vans, Vans, Vans!!!
Yellow-tinted glasses
The beanie craze, especially guys and certain non-conforming folk wearing them like this.
And some may disagree with me on this, but.....high-waisted trousers. On both men and women. Love them in general, but they really don't flatter every shape and height and people should just deal with that. They're very often worn with a tightly bound belt and hems above the ankle (obviously!), not to mention hispterish vintage Oxford-type shoes which make the person wearing them looking like they're auditioning for Annie, The Musical, before she fell in the butter.
Windbreakers (why won't it die???)
Dapper dressing. I only notice how prevalent it is in the UK when I return from a trip abroad. Don't like it, AT ALL. Savile Row or any of it's 'gentlemanly' ilk is my idea of hell.

I searched for this, and got a short boot with an asymmetric zipper--is that the one you mean? They have a lot of nice different ones actually, like with buckles and such. Is the Frye company known for a particular boot?

That's really interesting :smile: What a weird thing to become popular? Maybe they all work in the same sort of place. I kind of imagine having a pocket like that, to put my phone in when I'm out. I don't always have the proper pockets, some are too slanted, etc. Is there a name for that thing?

God, no! I definitely didn't mean the one with asymmetrical zip detail. And I have an irrational hate for any boots with buckles, lol.
They're basically a very old American boot manufacturer, and they boots are really quite durable in that you can easily have it for a lifetime (not taking into consideration reheeling, should it come to that.) But I think the golden age of their boots were during the 70s and 80s. And this model or this one is the most sought after (and the most classic ones to own.)

Well, a moonbag! LOL. You can use a moonbag for all those things. They have them in all sizes nowadays, and in all sorts of charming patterns/fabric. Just don't say it aloud on here because you will get judged.

• Not a trend but this denial to just embrace baldness and putting on a hat ALL.THE.TIME. I saw pictures of a client's wedding and she looks all lovely in her dress and he's just rocking a fedora that has nothing to do with the rest of his getup or even the landscape, let alone the occasion. Yes it's not something that you wanted to happen but just shave it off and carry on.
  • Leather jackets. "oh that's not a trend, that's classic!".. it's a trend if you're trendy, okay?
  • Super skinny low-rise jeans.

There's a lengthy backstory to bald men, how they see themselves, and how other guys see them. It's the reason why you can count the amount of bald guys making the cover of men's magazines on one hand. Add in the ones with M-shaped receding hairlines. I used to feel such second-hand embarrassment (not in a snarky way!) for an ex-colleague. He had the most beautiful buttercream blonde hair running past his shoulders, but he covered his receding hairline and bald centre patch and sometimes it was disguised rather it well, but on rainy days (of which we have quite a bit of course) it looked really cringey. Like a blatant cover-up. And as you would imagine, a man-bun is out of the question (as it will expose his hairline.) So I actually agree with you. Shave it all off, just go bald, and bugger the rest!

Last edited:
I guess this is my men's edition and normally I feel like it's none of my business and who am I to judge because I'm not even a man but here, doing what they do with women's clothes they will never wear and taking my time:

I agree so much with each point you mentioned I can't even add anything there at all. Maybe except guys wearing oversize shirt/t-shirt that is tucked into oversize pants, what is currently popular on Insta.

Birkenstock (knockoffs included) jesus sandals
literally, every basic girl has a pair

Dapper dressing. I only notice how prevalent it is in the UK when I return from a trip abroad. Don't like it, AT ALL. Savile Row or any of it's 'gentlemanly' ilk is my idea of hell!

Thank you, Benn! Packaged with (white) entitlement and a sense of superiority...yeah pass me the sick bucket.

I'm probably too late in the party, but sliders (preferably from Gucci) with socks are a thing here in London, and I am revolted every single time.

The '90s Delia's revival. Thank you social media for ruining yet another cherished 90s brand. Homogenized cool girl at the mall identity at it's best. Yet another I saw this happening 5 years ago moment....

Thank you, Benn! Packaged with (white) entitlement and a sense of superiority...yeah pass me the sick bucket.

I'm probably too late in the party, but sliders (preferably from Gucci) with socks are a thing here in London, and I am revolted every single time.
Came to this thread just to rant about this trend
I noticed people in PAris doing this too.
I don't get it. It's so stupid
Honestly reviving the 90's was the worst idea ever. Nothing flaterring or good about this era

YojiAddict made a joke about this shoestring trend another thread, definitely something I cannot endorse...nor try. I imagine the denim is already fitted, and the rope is just for show and not exactly functional?
rope-Penci-Slider-Template.jpg

Because in my case, and for anyone else who's not shaped like a bookmark, this will happen. Sorry, not about to forgo squat sessions at my HIIT club in order to wear a shoestring:
osWfiCwD1YEeK_onVxNYBu14N3wSRWHQ_8JWYqMganU.jpg

I guess I should shut up because I demolished a perfectly decent pair of Diesels to do this in the 2001/2 era...:rofl: My mum was livid, but I still needed the logo to show on the belt. It was a thing, and you sort of had to wear it on top of another lighter coloured denim. Now I see it's being sold at Asos, SOLD...
33f12567-7354-4725-b77c-259140a6600b-untitled.png

Another hate....ripped denim!!! Die, please!

tumblr_oi1799CpCp1rm9jy8o1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Image credits, Asos, Reddit, Tumblr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->