Tsubi Denim

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Duffers, Jan 7, 2004.

1. PrincessImp.

PrincessImp. Of too many minds

If you are 1.65m I think the skinny zips will look fine on you.
    In fact, in your pic, Ashley Olsen is much shorter than 1.65m, so it definitely won't bunch up so much on you, just a little bit really.

By the way, I am the same height as you and own 2 pairs of Tsubi skinny zips, so personally I think you'll be fine in them :flower:

2. crunkazn

crunkazn New Member

Lindsey is the Tsubi Queen LOL!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. crunkazn

crunkazn New Member

Oops sorry forgot to add *credit: MySpace Group Tsubi Demin*

4. lyndel

lyndel New Member

From memory the lean beans are skinnier and I think made from stretch denim, I have the scooter's, they are not stretch denim and have a fitted but not skin tight fit, hope that helps a bit^_^

5. australian_girl

australian_girl New Member

6. Marvystone

Marvystone blue blue electric blue

[​IMG]
    super skinny zip

[​IMG]
    vintage fade lean bean

[​IMG]
    vintage 05 scooter

my personal fav:
    [​IMG]
    squwark rinse superskinny zip

(mycatwalk.com.au)

7. gone_dotty

gone_dotty New Member

the lean beans are skinnier than the scooters, scooters have a 18cm leg opening whereas the lean beans have a 17cm leg opening. the lean beans are also much longer :smile:

if a particular style has sold out on mycatwalk.com, try www.fat4.com its another aussie website and it charged $15 for registered international post to most countries!

theres another thread on tsubis here: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f46/tsubi-jeans-26731.html

8. enak

enak New Member

4 out of 5 scenesters wear tsubi over here, its quite funny actually when you go out, and yes the quality has deteriorated over the years, 2004 was probably the last good batch.

9. fashionfixation

fashionfixation New Member

Really? how much cheaper than in the UK, say for the super skinny jeans?

10. ApertureRomance

ApertureRomance New Member

Did I imagine reading that they've started manufacturing outside of Australia ?

11. enak

enak New Member

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yes. Their denim is still made in Australia I believe, but its terrible quality.

12. just_me

just_me New Member

How much quality can you really expect? It's only JEANS at the end of the day, no matter how you put it.

13. ApertureRomance

ApertureRomance New Member

No sorry that wasn't sarcasm haha. I was just wondering if there was a particular reason for the decline in the quality of the denim , surely more money (for the brand) would equal better quality.

14. enak

enak New Member

just_me: I was just saying that the quality has been worse and worse since they started.

ApertureRomance: ye I suppose more money. It's for that reason really that I havent bought anything from tsubi since they dropped the quality of the jeans.

15. redeemed_by_Him

tsubi is made of low quality?! what are the quality straight/skinny jeans then? how about claudine (im not sure of the spelling)..? currently im lookin for the perfect straight leg jeans ard!! so yea, any recs? :smile:

16. crunkazn

crunkazn New Member

I got the scooters in a size 6AU and they are really loose... I have a pair of lean beans on the way, am I going to have the same problem with this cut? The waist is fine it's just baggy kinda around my thighs and crotch area... I wish I was a bit bigger :(

17. fashionfixation

fashionfixation New Member

yeah, the scooter and lean beans don't look really "skinny" to me.

18. gone_dotty

gone_dotty New Member

i believe the quality of the tsubi jeans really depends on the wash and style. i find the quality of the super skinny zips not very good because the denim is SO thin. however the quality of my aged black lean beans and vintage indigo lean beans are fantastic. the streaky baywash wash isnt very versatile because the denim has been worn out so much, it rips easily, it happened to me once, where the jeans ripped at the crotch area. i sent the jeans back to tsubi and recieved a refund. i was happy with that.
    the tsubi denim used also isnt from australia i dont think, they use denims from japan i think? i could be wrong. the jeans are supposedly made in australia as well.

fashionfiaxtion, the scooter and lean beans are very skinny. the scooter is a straight leg style and the lean beans are inbetween a skinny and a straight.

19. crunkazn

crunkazn New Member

Well my scooter are way looser than my lean beans!!! The lean beans are a perfect fit, so fitting... Whereas my scooters are loose, they don't fit me properly around the crotch and thighs!!! I'm pretty little so I guess that's why they don't fit :D

20. ellis_girl

ellis_girl New Member

On the first thread somebody said something baout Tsubi being disorganised. Well there have been articles in the media where they owe $250k to their manufacturers. Rumours are speculating that they are in debt.

Also, Ive been doing some marketing plans for some boutiques around Brisbane and they are no longer stocking Tsubi as their brand is going down hill and refuse to stock it as mass chainstores like General Pants stock the label.