Twenty8Twelve by Savannah and Sienna Milller

maau said:
i just don't dig sienna's fashion sense. it seems abhorring to me

:D

here is the proof:

72943945.jpg

SAG foundation brunch january 7th (courtesy of gettyimages.com)

what the heck is she thinking? that's so ugly! :doh: the dress is waaaay to busy, and i especially hate it with the sandals. she wears them all the time lately, and they ruin even the more classier outfits. look:
72975236.jpg
godiva hearts on fire diamond shopping spree, january 10th (courtesy of gettyimages.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh dear is that a stud I see on ONE of the sandals???? I hope not if they all fell off remove them ALL dont leave one on!! Oh dear :( I DO looooove Sienna but that is just tacky lol she had to have known and knowing she was going to be doing this event she should have paid more attention lol

What annoys me even more is that ALL the magazines call her a "Fashion Goddess" YEAH RIGHT!

we have an update from wwd here. the prices dont seem too bad.

A tailored tuxedo jacket that Sienna Miller plans to wear as a dress, Edie Sedgwick low-rise skinny jeans and silk smock dresses are among the boy-meets-girl pieces that make up Sienna and Savannah Miller's debut ready-to-wear collection, Twenty8Twelve by s.milller, which launched to buyers at the 1927 showroom in London this month.

"[The collection] was inspired by Dickensian London and the Bill Sykes-in-a-back-alley mood [the era] had about it," said Savannah Miller, who took vintage pieces such as a child's Victorian corset as a starting point. "[The line] pays huge attention to detail, but looks modern and strong."

Those details include hook-and-eye fastenings on heavy, oversized wool cardigans, visible stitching on the inside of high-waisted, wool silk trousers and ruching on printed silk smock dresses and tops. "We used quite a range of fabrics….My favorite is a giant canvas we used for our winter coat," added Savannah, a Central Saint Martins grad who has freelance stints at Alexander McQueen, Matthew Williamson and Betty Jackson under her belt.

The 82–piece collection, which will retail from about $75 for a silk jersey tank through to $650 for a leather bomber jacket, includes silk wool jackets and trousers, heavy silk cotton Empire-line minidresses with full skirts, jeans, and silk and jersey tops and dresses. The sisters have worked in a palette of black, gray, cream and nude, with flashes of deep red. Stockists have not yet been confirmed. "[The collection] has aspects of day and evening throughout — we have some fantastic jackets which can be worn with tailored trousers…or with a great pair of jeans for a more daytime look," said Savannah.

Each season, the sisters will commission a different artist to design a print; for fall, David Cooper has produced a delicate navy and floral print on silk habotai tops and dresses.

"The collection doesn't really have an age limit, it's about attitude," Savannah said. "[The customer] is a woman who loves attention to detail and dresses for herself."

Do we know yet what stores / sites have picked up the collection? I'm excited to see the pieces!

The descriptions and palette sound good but is it any different than anything that is out there now? It doesn't sound like it.

Squizree said:
That is so true! People are confusing fashion interest with fashion talent. Just because you go shopping doesn't mean you're good enough to be a fashion designer. I bet my soul that most of the people on The Fashion Spot can design better than Sienna Miller!

This is what I was thinking as well. I think there seems to be alot of confusion between being able to dress yourself, and being an artist (because that's what a real designer is). I think overall, most celebrities are not that stylish. When you look at the sheer number of choices they have, all manner of designers throwing clothes at them, money not a problem, access to the best in the world, of course they're going to look passable. But few and far between is the person who lets their own personality shine through what they themselves have chosen to wear, you never see any genuine understanding of style, all you see is the following of trends. I don't dislike her, but I do think maybe she does sound arrogant in her view of herself within the world of fashion ( I don't think she's a trend setter). I can only hope that whatever it is they put out, it's not as bad as so many of the other celeb lines.

This photo has hit the net (credit Fashionising)

twenty8twelvevu5.jpg

"Edie Sedgwick low-rise skinny jeans and silk smock dresses" never happened. Edie never wore either look, ever. It's just one more opportunity for Sienna to ride on Edie's name, without justification or merit. Boring and predictable. :yuk:

I guess if the plan goes as planned then of course Sienna gets the credit... just like what JLo did with Andy Hilfiger. Did she ever credit Hilfiger's name in the public? NO!!!

from wwd

SIENNA IN STORE: It looks like Sienna and Savannah Miller are getting a brand new store in which to launch their clothing line, Twenty8Twelve by s.miller. Industry sources say a Twenty8Twelve store is set to open in London's Notting Hill in September, which will carry the Brit Miller sisters' debut collection for fall. The line, which Savannah has said draws its inspiration from Dickensian London by way of Patti Smith, includes pieces such as sharply tailored wool jackets and trousers, Empire line silk smock dresses, skinny jeans and silk and jersey tops. It will retail from about $75 for a silk jersey tank to $650 for a leather jacket. Shoes by the designer Jenne O are also set to be sold at the new store.

Aside from their own retail venture, the Millers' line will be sold at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman in the U.S., Holt Renfrew in Canada and Harvey Nichols and Matches in the U.K.

Below are pictures from portfolio.com

28-1.jpg

28-2.jpg

28-3.jpg

28-4.jpg

I didn't expect anything exciting or really tasteful so I must say I quite like those clothes, esp. the dotted shirt and the coat (even if it reminds me too much of Stella McCartney's designs... :rolleyes:).

i like it!
its different from all those celebs lines (like hilary duff and so on!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->