Two questions on fall trends

JerriQ

Reaction score
(1) I am seeing a lot of patent leather in magazines, for summer shoes, anyway. Will this be big for fall?
(2) what tall boot silhouette will be big? Round toes were big last year, and while I like them, the heel was often too high. I really like a kitten heel or something under 3".

And I am thinking of high street shoes/boots, not couture. Thanks for your thoughts!

JerriQ said:
(1) I am seeing a lot of patent leather in magazines, for summer shoes, anyway. Will this be big for fall?
(2) what tall boot silhouette will be big? Round toes were big last year, and while I like them, the heel was often too high. I really like a kitten heel or something under 3".

And I am thinking of high street shoes/boots, not couture. Thanks for your thoughts!

As for boots I'm seeing ALOT of heavy, calf-length, slightly upturned, rounded toes with chunky mid heels (kind of soldierish). Havent seen any kitten heels though.

yes patent is HUGE for fall.

As for boots...there ae alot of chunky and funky ones...and ones that look like a shoe with a sock but its a boot with connecting leather.

i agree with guccigal, patent is huge for fall and i'm loving it. i have always considered patent leather to be a f/w fabric, however, i was recently debating with my mom who thinks it is traditionally a s/s fabric. can anyone settle our dispute?

I think white patent is a spring color and all dark colors are fall.

When I think patent I personally think fall overall

guccigal07 said:
I think white patent is a spring color and all dark colors are fall.

When I think patent I personally think fall overall
once again, i agree with you completely guccigal.... and that is exactly what i was telling my mom in our debate: light and pastel colors like white, baby blue, baby pink, etc. supersede the patent fabric making them perfect for spring, but BLACK patent is absolutely and positively FALL!

thanks for settling that!

Thanks for your replies. I am seeing a lot of chunky boots, as you mention, and ones at calf-height. How can these be worn? I think calf height cuts your leg in half, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uche2crazyyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->