Vogue Turkey June 2024 : Hana Jirickova by Emre Guven

Imagine a more voluminous hairstyle and a smile. I love the classic Chanel outfit though.

I have a thing for classic Chanel covers. But this is not it. I've never seen a more lifeless and dull ''pretty girl coming out the water'' shot, the water looks murky, there's too much space, the shoe is ugly and her hair looks like that godforsaken half shaved trend from a decade ago. It doesn't work, I think it's a horrible shot and a horrible summer (or any sort of) cover at that.

But the men's one is stunning, it's nothing overly interesting but he's a gorgeous man and the portrait is nice and safe - and that works.

I have a thing for classic Chanel covers. But this is not it. I've never seen a more lifeless and dull ''pretty girl coming out the water'' shot, the water looks murky, there's too much space, the shoe is ugly and her hair looks like that godforsaken half shaved trend from a decade ago. It doesn't work, I think it's a horrible shot and a horrible summer (or any sort of) cover at that.

But the men's one is stunning, it's nothing overly interesting but he's a gorgeous man and the portrait is nice and safe - and that works.
yes! And it’s captioned “riviera air/mood”but there’s nothing glamorous/sensual about this, despite their heavy handed attempts at channeling Parisian chic w/ the obvious tweed cc references…

So pretty like a lotus. The color combos are exquisite. What a delight! Turkish delight!

Love it like always. Vogue Turkye rarely misses.

Hate the hair but so happy to see her on the cover, can't wait for the editorial.

The cover is a no for me, but I'm happy to see Hana... A good model who deserved better!

I hate the hair which for me absolutely lowers what could’ve been a fantastic cover as apart from that everything works.

the hair and the post production....terrible...

The hair/lighting is giving poot lovato, terrible

The hairstyle does not look good on Hana, but I like the cover overall. I love how she is emerging from the sea in high-fashion.

Aww, Virginie's Chanel on Hana.
Sad to think that Virginie's 5-year run will be that of a blip on the Chanel radar years from now.

Love the Chanel, it's very Chanel. But, I think there was a better way to posture and pose the model. The visual looks hunched because of the angle. The hair is also unsettling to me. I am also unclear as to the story the visual is looking to tell. Is she coming out of a body of water fully dressed, with only her hair wet? It's an odd choice. Potential with the look- hair needs to change and get off that ladder!

Photographer: Emre Guven
Styling: Ceylan Atinc
Hair: Hüseyin Altun
Make Up: Ece Birsen
Model: Hana Jirickova

vk.com

I think it's a very good cover.
I also like the editorial.
Having said that, I wished it was Karlie Kloss here, in fact I thought it was her before zooming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->