Tyra Banks : No Karlie Kloss Fan! *Update* Is Now A Fan

Karlie hasn't won a thing. Tyra is still making tonnes of money, Karlie is doing runway shows for small change.

:rofl: @ the update in the thread title.

Karlie is such a controversial model. You either love her or hate her and I feel like everyone does either of that at some point. I went from disliking her to loving her to disliking her again :innocent:

It's nice of Tyra to mention her and give credit to real HF models, though.

Karlie hasn't won a thing. Tyra is still making tonnes of money, Karlie is doing runway shows for small change.
Well hopefully Karlie will make something out of herself once she graduates high school. :wink:

P.S.
For the record, I suspect that Karlie's runway fee amounts to more than small change.

^and I bet she makes a pretty penny for her campaigns.

and i thinks is not fair compare the amount of money tyra and karlie make,i mean c'mon two diferent careers is not like they work in the same thing.

and still i think tyra is more jealous then karlie,then karlie is of tyra.

Ooooo Tyra makes a-l-o-t of money. You shouldn't really compare these two... For one, Tyra's not only a high fashion model with a beautiful face back in her day but she was open to different opportunities other than modeling. That's when she made a smart move ... whereas, Karlie, she's still in modeling, doing campaigns, runways, sticking to one thing, although, she's already pretty comfortable with or without it. Until we see Karlie delve into something else other than modeling , then the real comparison or differences will be tested between the two.

You guys are making it seem like Tyra strangled Karlie in her sleep. Okay, she mocked her walk. We all know that Karlie's walk was absolutely dreadful back then and it's not like we didn't mock it in the best+worst thread. It's not like she made a public statement about it either.

I don't see anything wrong with Tyra being a Karlie fan because you don't don't have to like a girl's walk to like the girl, and her walk has definitely improved since then anyways.

the things is that it was tyra! you know? it wasnt any normal person.she is quite a big name and for her to do that to a 15 yo girl. i mean c'mon! and she always talking "ohh people make fun of me!"..." ohh poor me!" "people didnt like my walk,my breast,my forehead"....and she make fun of girls.plz!

^I don't think she intended to do that for the entire world to laugh at Karlie. IMO, she was just having a bit of gossip with her neighbour during the show, and it is rude to do that during a show. It might not have occurred to her at first that everyone would pay attention to it, especially because it's not so great for her own reuputation either.

But when she says that other people badmouth her, her point is usually that it's what life is like, and that people in a situation like that should stay strong and not let bad comments affect them (or at least it is on ANTM, lol).

I do agree that it was a bit rude, but I just think some people here are overplaying what she did.

well people can beleive what they want to and see thing in different ways.

but i do not agree with you point of view this situation ^_^

i wont go any further b/c clearly we dont think the same.

Well hopefully Karlie will make something out of herself once she graduates high school. :wink:

P.S.
For the record, I suspect that Karlie's runway fee amounts to more than small change.
Karlie is lucky if she even gets paid for doing runway.

I don't think Karlie can do commercial stuff. She's stuck in HF, which pays WAY less than commercial jobs. She'll obviously never have the career Tyra has.

And yes, Karlie's walk is awful :lol: It's a pretty good example of what not to do on a runway

Karlie is lucky if she even gets paid for doing runway.

I don't think Karlie can do commercial stuff. She's stuck in HF, which pays WAY less than commercial jobs. She'll obviously never have the career Tyra has.

And yes, Karlie's walk is awful :lol: It's a pretty good example of what not to do on a runway
I have made countless posts on this and other boards about commercial modeling paying more than high fashion and that is true as a general rule, but there are a handful of models in the high fashion realm who are highly paid and Karlie Kloss is one of them.

ETA:
Karlie Kloss is a high school student in middle America (the St. Louis area, I think?), I don't think that she is getting on planes and flying to New York, Milan and Paris to walk for free, perhaps that is believable if we are discussing companies that she does campaigns for like Dior, Oscar de la Renta and Donna Karan, but she definitely is not walking for free for the other designers like Anna Sui, Zac Posen, Jason Wu, Rodarte, Thakoon, Rick Owens, Gareth Pugh, Lanvin and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have made countless posts on this and other boards about commercial modeling paying more than high fashion and that is true as a general rule, but there are a handful of models in the high fashion realm who are highly paid and Karlie Kloss is one of them.

ETA:
Karlie Kloss is a high school student in middle America (the St. Louis area, I think?), I don't think that she is getting on planes and flying to New York, Milan and Paris to walk for free, perhaps that is believable if we are discussing companies that she does campaigns for like Dior, Oscar de la Renta and Donna Karan, but she definitely is not walking for free for the other designers like Anna Sui, Zac Posen, Jason Wu, Rodarte, Thakoon, Rick Owens, Gareth Pugh, Lanvin and others.

I was browsing this thread because of the funny title and I just have to intervene right here

Karlie makes more money than most and almost all commercial models. Sorry to say to the girls at the C and B level agencies (labeled commercial) and the girls stuck in the secondary and third markets doing catalog, local music videos and shampoo commercials but Karlie beats them by many many miles.

Karlie can do commercial. She has worked for some of the top luxury and mainstream companies. She has more advertising than most models. She's making bank. On top of that, she's not a runway filler but a show girl who can demand high rates for her appearances.

I agree Karlie is not the best walker but with her statuesque physique it was pardoned.

She can have the worst strut on the runway but the clothes just hung on her body so beautifully (the pictures dont do justice). Those who have seen her on the runway in person can attest to this.

It is also true ,in general, runway work doesn't pay much if anything but there are select few of [elite not the agency] models who do get compensated.

It is also true ,in general, runway work doesn't pay much if anything but there are select few of [elite not the agency] models who do get compensated.

Huh? Where did that come from?? :blink:

Karlie can do commercial. She has worked for some of the top luxury and mainstream companies. She has more advertising than most models. She's making bank. On top of that, she's not a runway filler but a show girl who can demand high rates for her appearances.
I can co-sign this, she's a walking advertisement and the designers that can afford her are the fortunate ones!

I don't see anything wrong with Tyra being a Karlie fan because you don't don't have to like a girl's walk to like the girl, and her walk has definitely improved since then anyways.
I agree with you. I don't necessarily aprove Tyra's early behaviour, I'm not Karlie's biggest fan, but I can't deny it must have had an impact in her life. I think many people can change their minds - I've changed mine several times about models, especially the newcomers, we tend to prejudge them before they can actually show what they're capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->