Tyra Banks : Undercover!

nextnewface

Reaction score
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+1]Well, this looks interesting! When is that show anyway? I never seem to be able to catch it on tv.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Tyra Banks Goes Undercover As Obsese Woman

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Tyra Banks has gone undercover as a 350-pound woman. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Banks wore the fat suit to experience what it's like to be obese. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
"It seemed like the last form of open discrimination that's OK, and I decided to put on a 350-pound suit myself and live that life for a day and see what happens," the 31-year-old former supermodel told AP Radio in a recent interview. "And it was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life."

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Banks said she was shocked at the reaction. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"I started walking down the street and within 10 seconds, a trio of people looked at me, snickered, looked me right in my eye and started pointing and laughing in my face," the talk-show host said. "And I had no idea it was that blatant." [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The segment will air Monday on "The Tyra Banks Show."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1](yahoo news)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

(picture credit: http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com)

Attachments

• large tyra.PNG
    large tyra.PNG
    146 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
^ you can still really tell it's Tyra though.

I really want to see that episode!

Oh I so want to see that show! It looks really interesting and makes me feel bad for fat people--I can't believe someone would deliberately say mean things to a person just because they're overweight!
I know some people are to blame for making themselves obese but there are others who have thyroid problems or it's just in their genetic make-up to be overweight. Feel very sorry for them...:o

On a sidenote: kudos to Tyra for having interesting topics on her show! :flower:

Does anyone know what channel and time this is on?

she looks funny :lol: ive always wanted to dress up in one of those, although they take hours to put on....

It came on at 3:00 today, on CBS. It was interesting... people snickering on the streets and in the stores. People can be mean.

I thought I would see people on the street blantly being mean to her.

But when she went on the dates, the first guy was defnitley a jackass.:angry:

They always have these shows in in the UK. That and dressing up as old people, people with portwine stains/scars, celebs being blind for a week...

I'd like to see her experience it though. Its on her show, yes?

but why did they have to give her those horrible glasses and shawl. thyey not only made her overweight, but they gave other points to make fun of her for. kinda unnesseccary (i can never spell that word)

masquerade said:
but why did they have to give her those horrible glasses and shawl. thyey not only made her overweight, but they gave other points to make fun of her for. kinda unnesseccary (i can never spell that word)

unnecessary :lol:

You spelt out my thoughts exactly!

BTW, I love your signature - so cute.:flower:

Anita Roddick, the founder of The Body Shop has already done a similar experience of going undercover as obese, and others of the kind- like going undercover as an homeless woman.

It´s shocking to see how people behave in presence of others that make them feel disconfortable...

It's true now a days people are more likely to make fun of obese people but i don't think tyra really cares about them and is just using this as a stunt for ratings, it really bothers me when peoples problems are exploited for other peoples gains, obesity in the U.S. is out of control and we really need to do something about it, it's becoming an epidemic!

^ Basically she went from place to place (mainly the the most expensive fashion districts in L.A), went into a few shops, and experienced what she said was laughs and snickers from other people. I only saw a couple of girls turn around and look at her.

Then she went on three blind dates, I only saw the first 2 because I had to go to work. But the first guy was a jerk. At one time, they toasted to their date and the guy goes, "To your health, huh? Health is very important". And at one point she was talking to him about how hard it was to date because, "as you can imagine, I am a big woman". And he says, "I don't have to imagine, I have eyes." The second guy wasn't too bad.

^ Holy crap you are kidding! People don't say things like that?!? It must have been a set up.

SiennaInLondon said:
^ Holy crap you are kidding! People don't say things like that?!? It must have been a set up.

Some people really do say things like that. I don't think it was set up.

~RoseBud~ said:
obesity in the U.S. is out of control and we really need to do something about it, it's becoming an epidemic!

Many people ARE able to do something about it... like workout, stop going to McDonald's, etc. I'm not saying all people have a choice, BUT, it's a fairly controlable "epidemic", if you ask me.

I think this undercover thing was good. And to boost ratings? Who knows, maybe, but really - that's an unfair way to look at it. Tyra has always seemed like a genuine person, and if they came up with this idea to do a story for the show, then hopefully their ratings did go up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->