UK Elle December 2023/January 2024 : Rosemary Ferguson by Liz Collins

Terrible imo... who thought that that styling and expression for cover material?!

That hair, that clothe, that expression, the rough makeup... It looks like she just cleaned up and they took the photo!

Another hairdresser that should go back to school.

This cannot be the best shot they had, from whatever they decided to do.

I can see the digital copy, 198 pages. The editor's letter contains the concept that "a woman over forty on a runway, or in her fifties going make-up free, shouldn't be groundbreaking".

There's an advert for the Elle Collective, "become a founding member for £125", as if you're an investor getting in on the ground floor. I could subscribe to TEN Conde Nast magazines for that money... if there still are ten Conde Nast print magazines.

The cover story is slightly better than the cover shot suggests, but it's still... There are fashion editorials, HOUSE PARTY, then ME AND MR JONES, part-interview with Kim Jones, part-fashion shoot, BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR (denim in winter), plus an interview with Michael Kors.

The cover concept seems designed to speak to women at a different age than the rest of the contents do. Being of that age, I would never wear what's being shown on all the other pages, or be at the life stages being discussed - yet the editor is also trying to speak to me, but it doesn't fit, it doesn't work. If I want to see accomplished women who can remember the 90s, I would turn to Bazaar because they do it better, I'm not interested in this chilly nipple nonsense.

The digital issue is out and honestly, the whole editorial is terrible :expressionless:

I feel sorry for her.
I would not event put this photo on my social media, let alone let it be year-end cover.

Does anyone have access to the entire editorial (and possibly other editorials in this issue)?

Not hating it. It has some sort of 90's Corinne Day vibes.

The cover photograph is very unappealing! She could look so much better. The angle, facial expression, and hairstyle are a big NO for me. The image should not have seen the light of day. The cover does not encourage me to look inside.

What an unflattering cover image! Goodness grief, cannot believe the magazine thought this was a good idea, even more so to be worthy of sitting on newsstands for a whole two months (and over the festive holiday season). Dumbfounded, to be honest.

Again, how are a group of "qualified" people looking at these images and saying "yes absolutely, put it on the cover!"?!?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->