KATE WINSLET ON RECLAIMING THE FRAME
Photography:
Alexi Lubomirski
Styling: Miranda Almond
Hair: Dayaruci
Make-up: Lisa Eldridge
Model/Celebrity: Kate Winslet

harpersbazaar.com

im kinda unenthused about her playing lee miller, i expect this movie to be a by the books polished oscar vehicle in the vein of the reader, imitation game, etc. and not be artful, not cover her starting as a model for man ray etc. just another high budget oscar bait ww2 drama

and every old photo of lee her hair is so beautiful she has kinda a sullen beautiful shade around her eyes, a bitten dark lip but here kate is doing her whole anti glamour no makeup thing..

It's so weird having had her on the VOGUE Oct 23 Cover promoting the same film and then this a year later. The images are super Meh. Love her tho.

It's like one of those nice but unremarkable shoots that you could get in any mid-level women's magazine.

There's always still a tiny part of me that expects magazines to do something special for their September issues.

I know shes probably supposed to be 'in character' but between the baggy coats and crossed legs, it looks like one of those shoots where they're trying to hide something about the person's body.

SIREN CALL
Photography:
Erik Madigan Heck
Styling: Leith Clark
Hair: Hiroshi Matsushita
Make-up: Andrew Gallimore
Models: Lucia Fairfull & Kornelia Korpusinka

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

A STUDY IN SCARLET
Photography:
Theresa Marx
Styling: Holly Gorst
Hair: Christos Bairabas
Make-up: Emily Wood
Model: Vanessa Pan

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

How many MILLION times can they produce the same Erik / Leith Clark photoshoot outside in a heather field on a hill.

Imagine the meeting when they close the issue....'OH yes, the same shoot again. Great!'

very weak issue. main editorial and cover included. such a shame! I like Winslet so much!!

It's not that bad, but I feel that I've seen this cover (and editorial) just a few months ago.

How many MILLION times can they produce the same Erik / Leith Clark photoshoot outside in a heather field on a hill.
I am a fan of Erik Madigan Heck's work for UK Bazaar, but mostly of his landscape editorials, and this has to be the worst one I've seen so far - "worst" in that it could be anyone taking these shots.

When I see his name, I expect an editorial where the landscape starts being an abstraction of colour and shape. I don't mind the themes of his visual universe being repeated, as long as it's done to the highest of standards.

On the other hand, this is the geographically closest to me that any magazine has bothered to be.

And these days, anyone who manages to get out of the studio is doing far more than most.

Many beautiful photographs in the fashion editorial "Siren Call" by Erik Madigan Heck. His work is a hit or a miss for me, mainly through model casting, but this editorial looks great.

It's just one of those quintessential British Harper's Bazaar covers that I would find hard to complain over. Kate Winslet feels perfect for a big month like September, love the fact she's reunited with Alexi Lubomirski (whose work I miss for UK Bazaar) and the colours are lovely.

Three weeks later, no sign of my subscription copy, so there's nothing I can say.

When the replacement turns up, it may arrive around the same time as the October issue, so getting two magazines at once will feel like a good thing.

Having seen her on the Regime recently I wouldnt mind a magazine story centered around that villainous glamour of the show.

65e00166c63748.09330778.jpeg

fox59

Photography: Alexi Lubomirski
Styling: Miranda Almond
Hair: Dayaruci
Make-up: Lisa Eldridge
Model/Celebrity: Kate Winslet
harpersbazaar.com
I like it because it's 100% Peter Lindbergh....but in color.

This is a strange September issue, in that it feels like there's hardly any content, and of that content, nothing grabs you.

But when I finally got to sit down with it, I did appreciate the laid-back nature of the issue, and how things were shot in a way where I could see and appreciate the pieces, and I'm even considering buying a few things. But when I look at the images in digital form, I don't get the same experience at all, it just feels so flat.

The October issue is on sale on 12th September, so not long to wait. That's next Thursday, I believe. UK Vogue isn't due to appear until 24th September, that's ages away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arshdaddy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->