UK Harper's Bazaar August 2016 by Erik Madigan Heck

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
HQ Subscribers Cover:

SCAN BY VOGUE28

Just like last year's August issue, there's no celebrity profile this month and both the newsstand and subscribers' covers feature models by Erik Madigan Heck. From the cover credits page, the newsstand cover is a group shot of models Alicia Burke, Ash Foo, Mari Halang (above), Leila Ndabirabe and Tiana Tolstoi. Review to follow shortly..

*Edit* Nothing new to report on the Fall advertising campaign front either. Except Rianne van Rompaey has Bottega Veneta. Amanda Seyfried and some models (Anna Ewers and Taylor Hill among others) scored Miu Miu, shot by Alasdair McLellan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice cover, although I wish there was a bit of a sharper contrast between Mari and the background. The image kind of blends together for me, though thankfully the colors are lovely so it's not an entirely displeasing effect.

I also like that Gucci dress better here than I did on the runway. I looooooved the collection, but didn't especially care for this dress. But yeah, it looks good here.

So beautiful!! It actually looks like a painting here. Leith Clark continues to astound me with her styling.
Second model cover so far for August. As someone who mostly buy the limited covers, a shot like this doesn't feel out of place. But I would imagine for the newsstand buyer it would. Wonder how well Naty's cover fared if they're repeating the trend.

Review - 194 Pages.

A Fresh Look At Fashion
Models: Alicia Burke, Ash Foo, Mari Halang, Leila Ndabirabe and Tiana Tolstoi
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Stylist: Leith Clark
50 Pages

Yup.. that's it! Plus a beauty story consisting of three photos of Vivien Solari. A shockingly dull issue!

Oh, this is beautiful. More Vogue Italia than what VI has been doing! Great job.

50 Pages! Sounds promising. I don't know any of the girls, but I anticipate the styling.

What a beautiful romantic cover. A nice break from celebrities and personalities.

It looks promising. It actually does look like a painting. Cant wait to see the newsstand cover for better judgment

source: harpersbazaar.co.uk

Casting :clap:

Attachments

• gallery-1467383430-august-cover-harpers-bazaar-uk.jpg
    gallery-1467383430-august-cover-harpers-bazaar-uk.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds and looks very interesting so far and the styling is promising, the casting is unexpected and giving chances to models that are still a bit too rare at the moment. And 50 pages, I'm pretty sure there will be at least a few pearls among them.

I had my heart set on the subscriber's cover, but I'll have to get limited. I'm glad that Harper's is trying something new, but newsstand does nothing for me. It's not that they're virtually unknown, it's the posing and composition. Simply dour and not coverworthy. It looks more like their Index page.

A Fresh Look At Fashion
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Models: Alicia Burke, Ash Foo, Mari Halang, Leila Nda & Tiana Tolstoi
Styling: Leith Clark
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-Up: Sharon Dowsett
Nails: Sabrina Gayle
Set Designer: James Hatt

visualizing.fashion

HQ Cover

UK Harper's Bazaar August 2016 Digital Edition

So it looks like Erik doesn't work very well with a big cast. This is easily his worst edit yet. 40-Odd shots and I can count the good ones on one hand, with the rest all looking like a budget Neiman Marcus spread. The problem lies mostly with the setting. It works for some looks, and clashes with others. And then the models lack intensity, posing like it's some Céline campaign. Too 'real' for such a dreamy feature.

Thanks for ting the time to post all these images, Avogrado!! :smile:

That ed is brilliant! The majority of the photos are art!

Erik can do no wrong in my opinion! The Chloé, Valentino, Balenciaga & Dior shots are the best! :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boubs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->