UK Harper's Bazaar December 2020 : Lashana Lynch, Daisy Edgar-Jones & Gillian Anderson

Stunning, perfection! And Gillian's cover looks promising too. Very Lucy Yeomans era.
I like Daisy but her cover loosk like an outtake from her edit a few months ago. Snoozefest.

Have to admit I didn't expect Lashana to get a cover so it's a welcoming surprise. Glad it's only 3 covers. Any more would spoil the importance of these 3.

So who has the main cover? The one in the supermarket?

So who has the main cover? The one in the supermarket?

I think only Lashana because she's got a subs cover as well, and Gillian. It says on the credits that Daisy's is a limited cover.

I will get Gillian’s for sure.

Good covers. Reading the credits, I assume the far left and far right are going to be the newsstand versions? Gillian must be on the export edition.

Now this is a December cover, not the hooters one.

The last two covers are okay, but could've been your average Jan/Feb covers.

Lashana and Gillian's covers are just beautiful. Actually all four are quite good, but those two are just stand outs!

Love the bnw against the masthead, reminds me of a cover you would find in the cover challenge which is a very good thing. Only thing is a wish her face was tilted little lower.

All of the covers, with the exception of the girl with the armpits, are so luxurious and festive. Now this is how you end the year.

Daisy Edgar-Jones by Tom Craig:

Beautiful, the other covers are not needed.

Gillian indeed deserved a better styling, she looks spectacular! I love both of Lashana's covers as well, that black & white image is striking.

I received my subscription copy today – same cover as the first post, which I’m pleased about.

This issue… the magazine isn’t quite as good as it used to be, but it still supplies enough grown-up fashion and lifestyle imagery to be a good alternative to what UK Vogue are doing.

(I get the feeling the budget has been cut back, and I’m wondering if that was part of the reason Justine Picardie moved on – that she could no longer produce the magazine she wanted under the proposed financial constraints? Nobody’s saying much.)

I think, last issue, one of the criticisms about Bazaar was that the magazine was “out of touch”?

What's frequently forgotten whenever we make our comments about any fashion magazine – from our own personal viewpoint – is retaining an idea of the core readership of that particular title and whether it works on that level.

UK Harper’s Bazaar claims their readership is aged 30+ and I think the average age is around 42. And looking at UK Vogue’s own press kit, the average age they’re stating for UK Vogue is 39. The average age of the online user of vogue.co.uk is 44.

It is useful, sometimes, if you're able to take a moment and see any issue of either magazine through the lens of someone around 40 and whether the issue would be appealing?

Anyhow, Michaela Coel being in this issue is a missed opportunity for a cover, but maybe they have plans…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->