UK Harper's Bazaar October 2009 : Lily Cole by Guy Aroch

scanned by vogue28

Subscribers HQ

NOT a Lily-fan but this is :heart: Amazing! Lily looks fantastic IMO (even if her eyes seem a bit tired :P) and I just love all the red in this. Great cover + great content.

What can you say - I wish my fave models could this kind of treatment on a cover. It's beautiful, just like the Italian Bazaar covers from the late 70s.

I like the cover a lot more now I've got it infront of me. I don't know why, but it just looks much better in the real thing.

^ I totally agree...the scans just don't do it justice.
I wouldn't say I'm a huge Lily fan or anything but I think she looks perfect here, I love the whole feel of it......very natural, yet very sexy and a total 70's vibe.

Lily's ed is so gorgeous:heart:
i love her different beauty.

I'm not a massive fan of Lily personally either, but the colours just work so much better when you see the magazine. It's a good cover.

It seems Bazaar's going to be doing an art issue too, the ad inside for next month's issue states "Fashion Meets Art. Bazaar's Collectors Issue"

Interesting.

^ Yeah I saw that:D Should be good, but right now HB UK is a serious must-have. Looks like it's Bridget Hall in the pic for next month too.:woot:

stunning cover absolutely stunning HB UK can do not wrong, their covers have been superb vogue uk needs to take note pronto and great ed to boot.

Lily's best ed to date - such a different look for her. A truly beautiful issue. Love the British style portfolio too. The portrait of Paul Smith is great.

Grrrr! Bazaar UK is really getting better. Now I'll be broke because I would love to buy this and Bazaar UK is really expensive here. :shock::cry:

Harper's Bazaar Oct 09 Supplement Cover - ph David Standish

The supplements are great, really love this cover. Sorry about the blotchy scan.

Stylist Carmen Borgonovo
Photographer David Standish
Model Kasia @ Storm

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish there was more of rosie's ed.
i don't like the cover but lily redeems herself with her ed for me.
buyin this!

Beauty Supplement

Photographer Nora Tabaste
Art Director Wendy Tee
Model Sif @ Models 1

Last edited by a moderator:
The supplements are quite small, the Bazaar At Work one used to be much bigger but now it's like a stapled leaflet, and the Beauty supplement is an advertorial for perfumes and products which you can buy at Harrods.

They're both blessed with the great UK Bazaar design, so they look good, but to me it seems that they've simply transformed 70 pages of editorial content/ads into two supplements in order to make this issue look like it's value for money, like you get 'three magazines' for the price of one.

Because the Bazaar at Work one is sponsored by Aquascutum, you get some of the new season ads with Malgosia in it. In the Harrods supplement, the best ad is Kate Moss for YSL Parisienne.

What an amazing cover!!! So 70's... I loved both: cover and editorial :heart:
Bette's editorial is also very good, I've missed seeing her in magazines. Her editorial feels like a combo of Sims and I&V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"