Reaction score

Cara

Photographer: Jean-Baptiste Mondino
Stylist: Mariel Haenn
Hair: Ben Skervin
Makeup: Peter Philips
Cast: Cara Delevingne

UK Marie Claire Digital Edition

It is what it is - another inoffensive (and sponsored) cover that will ensure UK Marie Claire survives another month on the newsstand despite not seeming to offer anything eye-catching or newsworthy.

I don't mind their covers, but it's not a magazine that I would go out of my way to buy - and I say that suspecting I might fall into their target audience. It always feels like a magazine that you'd find in waiting rooms across the country.

A monthly magazine really shouldn't be using FREE PRESS SHOTS.

A monthly magazine really shouldn't be using FREE PRESS SHOTS.

Especially free press shots that had been used elsewhere! I suppose Dior will be making quite a bit with the amount of marketing they're doing for Dior Beauty.

I find Marie Claire's sponsored covers so crude and lazy. If you're going to take money off a brand at least generate original content. Because the one fashion, and often beauty, story they publish is actually good, meaning their team is qualified enough to shoot.

At least the interview is original, I suppose....

So, Marie Claire UK. They have Fabled by Marie Claire, an online beauty a store and also a bricks store in central London. The reason we see so many beauty sponsored shoots and covers is because of the deals here with the retailers on the site. It actually performs well as a beauty site.

Circulation wise, the figures they put forward include the copies they distribute via Fabled. Fabled provides an issue of Marie Claire with every single order it dispatches, for free. It also includes the copies they provide to hotels around the country for free... it’s surviving on being used as a promotional tool for beauty campaigns.

Reminds me of that subscription beauty box - I think it's the Look Fantastic one - which insists on sending everyone a copy of UK Elle... except it's always the issue that's near the end of its shelf life, so if you were actually interested in the magazine, you would have bought it three or four weeks before getting it with the box.

Circulation wise, the figures they put forward include the copies they distribute via Fabled. Fabled provides an issue of Marie Claire with every single order it dispatches, for free. It also includes the copies they provide to hotels around the country for free... it’s surviving on being used as a promotional tool for beauty campaigns.

That's cutting corners, very sly of them! Advertisers don't just take up pages because of reach, they actually do it mainly based on the disposable income of readers. That's the reason why you wouldn't see luxury brands in Cosmo. I hope Marie Claire at least declare the number of issues comped, versus bought.

press shots or not, still a solid cover for Marie Claire UK. And questionable circulation reporting aside, at least they're hanging in there.

Take Shape

Photographer: Olivia Malone
Stylist: April Hughes
Hair: Rimi Ura
Makeup: Tiina Roivanen
Cast: Nicole Atieno

Shot on location in Morocco

Point Break

Photographer: Jason Hetherington
Editor: Lisa Oxenham
Hair: Leigh Keates
Makeup: Gina Kane
Cast: Marloes Horst

Shot on location in Sri Lanka

C'est Chic

Photographer: Jason Hetherington
Editor: Lisa Oxenham
Hair: Mark Francome Painter
Makeup: Gina Kane
Cast: Amber Anderson

Shot on location in Mauritius

Cara is so boring and so 2014's. She sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->