UK Vogue April 2015 : Georgia May Jagger, Cara Delevingne & Suki Waterhouse by Mario Testino

LastNight

Reaction score

vogue.co.uk

Subscription came through today.

Review:
'Girls on Film'
Models: Georgia May Jagger, Cara Delevingne and Suki Waterhouse
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
15pg

'Hawaii Five Oh'
Model: Julia Bergshoeff
Photographer: Josh Olins
Stylist: Clare Richardson
16pg

'Modern Masters'
Model: Ally Ertel
Photographer: Zoe Ghertner
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
12pg

Plus features on Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Erdem Moralioglu and a couple of different features on fancy houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue also comes with Miss Vogue featuring Cressida Bonas on the cover.

Nh8wrCf.jpg

Photo by me from Miss Vogue/Vogue UK April 2015 issue

I love it! This feels so nostalgic. This is the British Vogue that I love! Right amount of text and color scheme.

With that said, something bothers me with their facial expressions especially the eyes

Their editorial is a complete snooze in my opinion. Suki proves to be an absolutely awful model. That, coupled with Testino's lacklustre photography, makes for very dull images. Plus the hair and styling are completely different from the cover and not for the better. Nothing compelling about it to be honest. The only thing I enjoy in the issue is the Josh Olins story! Vogue UK usually have fantastic April issues (something I've noticed over the years) but this one is a snooze to me.

Sorry I can't provide HQ images but I'm sure they'll show up soon enough :smile:

they all look airbrushed to death, especially Cara. can't see her anymore....

On another note, I like that UK Vogue features newer photographers and less well known names but I really think they need to step it up a bit. Why aren't they using Inez and Vinoodh, David Sims and other more high profile photographers more often? Not these are the only viable people to shoot fashion but I think they need a better mix as opposed to only really using Testino and Demarchelier and sometimes McDean as their frequent big photographers. They don't even use Nick Knight and Tim Walker that much anymore, they could produce such an exciting magazine if they really diversified their use of photographers.

Like I said, it's nice to use new talent and new names but I think overall they could bring in some more of the bigger names, I pretty much always like the result on the rare occasions that they do. Plus I don't think they use the bigger name models enough. It's the same situation: a better balance between big models (ones who aren't just Cara and Freja and Daria) and newcomers would be much more exciting than this seemingly endless parade of forgettable models who vanish after a few months, paired with the old UK Vogue favourites.

Well, Cara looks good. Not a fan of Georgia, but i can tolerate her. Suki's career is one of life's greatest mysteries.

This cover is gonna get so much hate here.

Three "models" no one can stand by one of the worst photographers in the business. Yuck.

Cara is acting like a dude on this cover.

Cara is acting like a dude on this cover.

Just noticed the Miss vogue one. I'm so tired of these posh blondes :rolleyes:

Couldn't they put Jourdan on the cover and replace one of the blondes? It would have shown continued support for her and it would have been awesome if she'd landed two covers so close together but I guess her cover was a one time thing. I'm sure it'll be another decade before a black model lands on one again. That Shulman! So progressive. Rolls eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jader
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->