UK Vogue August 2005 : Gemma Ward by Mario Testino

Meg said:
like the dress but i don't like the makeup/hair. her forehead looks huge in that shot

Well, her forehead isn't exactly small...

I love the cover. Looks great.

thank u kitsch!!.......love the scans, thanks 4 the patience and effort.....best regards..

model_mom said:
DRESSING UP is a desert road trip scenario shot by Laurie Bartley, with a blonde model I don’t recognise. It’s 12 pgs of black shift dresses and thick headbands, and hounds-tooth jackets. It’s a simple presentation of clothes with simple lines, but it’s just not that exciting.

I think the model in this ed is Iselin Steiro :flower:

UK Vogue Aug 05 review from fashist

It's Cathy here, the original writer of that UK Vogue review, which has been reposted here at fashionspot from the 'fashist online' forum - just a quick note to say I also post reviews of most of the new UK magazines at that forum - in the past few days, I've reviewed the August issues of UK Marie Claire, UK Elle and UK Glamour, and soon to come are further details of the August issue of H&Q that I got yesterday (even better than the August UK Vogue, I have to say).

I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one who likes the cover - I get the feeling Gemma divides people's opinions into those who love her - and those who think she looks more like an alien than a model.

Meg said:
like the dress but i don't like the makeup/hair. her forehead looks huge in that shot

i don't mind the makeup, but you're right about the forehead...looks ginormous!! :shock:

tigerrouge said:
It's Cathy here, the original writer of that UK Vogue review, which has been reposted here at fashionspot from the 'fashist online' forum - just a quick note to say I also post reviews of most of the new UK magazines at that forum - in the past few days, I've reviewed the August issues of UK Marie Claire, UK Elle and UK Glamour, and soon to come are further details of the August issue of H&Q that I got yesterday (even better than the August UK Vogue, I have to say).

I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one who likes the cover - I get the feeling Gemma divides people's opinions into those who love her - and those who think she looks more like an alien than a model.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for introducing yourself. I do bring your reviews to tFS and I always try to give credit to the source. I hope you don't mind,we really enjoy them.:flower:

Thanks Kitsch for the scans. I love the cover and the edito. I'm not a fan of Gemma but I do think she's more mature and beautiful there.
Tony

I just brought it and love it. Two thumbs up B). I don't really like the cover or Gemma's editorial but it's a great issue.

I really liked the articles - "Wardrobe diaries" "Confessions of a fashion cliche" and "The new French guard".

"A class Act" with accessories is lovely and I like how they have done the runway review.

And the Bottega Veneta ads are FAB.

I hate to say it, but I really dont like that Gemma cover...so bland.

but her editorial is fantastic as always. :heart:

morgan38 said:
I hate to say it, but I really dont like that Gemma cover...so bland.

but her editorial is fantastic as always. :heart:

Exactly! The cover isn't bad - I don't have a problem with the forehead (we survived Amber Valetta, didn't we), but the vacant, and kind, stare doesn't quite cut it for me. And the pose is no good. So knowing Gemma's quality as a model I am disappointed. The editorial, though, like you say, is absolutely beautiful (thanks kitsch). Gemma poses in her special unique, graceful way and that glaring contrast between the ghoulish settings and outfits provide a stark contrast to the summer feeling that the bright sunlight, beautiful roses and blue sky add to the image.

There was an editorial by Mario Testino with Christy Turlington in British Vogue from the early 90s, 93 I think, which reminds me of this editorial. But that editorial was rather innocuous and only slightly dark.

helena said:
i think softgrey might like the 'black' editorial.
you're right...
the location is the real star though...
gorgeous...

man...i want a job at british vogue~!!!!!
boo!!...

i am loving them lately...
perfect balance of editorial and commercial.. :heart:

thanks kitsch for the scans and mm for the thread and thanks Cathy
for the original review...

personally...i'm just in it for the pics... :P
love it!!...

:flower:

who is the girl in the moschino ad in that issue of b VOGUE

If you have a chance can you scan it

thanks

i love those pictures of gemma....
what magnificent scenery....
gorgeous...
:cool:

i really liked the wardrobe diaries feature .. especially as I'm a huge fan of Bay Garnett (stylist). I've been lusting after one of the big YSL belts from the latest collection and it is all over her wardrobe choices for the month .... which makes me want it even more now! AND is paired with a luscious Roland Mouret dress in one of the editorials! It WILL be mine!!

Slight topic diversion - does anyone know where you can buy YSL on line?

I dont like the cover,it's too hot.......I prefer Gemma in her natural way

softgrey said:
man...i want a job at british vogue~!!!!!
boo!!...

oh, I want one too !

they are the best Vogue out there !
beautiful pictures, great articles, good ideas and all that jazz :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"