UK Vogue December 2006 : The 90th Anniversary Issue

susie_bubble

Reaction score
No picture unfortunately but I bought it this morning! It's a STONKINGLY good issue....and I haven't said that about UK Vogue for a while. Quite rightly so since it's celebrating 90 yrs of British Vogue. The cover is basically 100's of all the past UK Vogue covers tiled into one image. Not particularly imaginative but I'm glad Alexandra Shulman didn't pick one girl to be on the cover for this issue as that would have been impossible.

I saw this cover at the vogue.co.uk site earlier this morning... I'm presuming this isn't the real thing, that it's some 'draft' version of the final product. Well, I'm hoping it isn't!

Attachments

• VoguecoverDec06.jpg
    VoguecoverDec06.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 198
^Yes, that is the cover...
It's quite a lazy cover...but the stuff inside is juicy...really jam-packed!

no liked e the cover:(

Well I'm glad they at least didn't put Kate on the cover.
Can you tell use about the editorials, please? :D

The Clothes that Changed Our Lives - 18 pg editorial with a blurry Kate Moss in iconic items that revolutionised the woman's wardrobe in the 20th century. Ph: Nick Knight.

Magical History Tour - 14pg editorial with Coco Rocha and Gemma Ward mixing up designer archives and collectors pieces from the past 90 years. Ph: Craig McDean

Happy Birthday Vogue - 25 pg speical shoot with a 2 pg spread dedicated to the different facets that Vogue covers:
-The Sharp Shooters: Photographers Robert Wyatt, Richard Young, Julian Broad, Mario Testino and Barry Lategan
-The Beautiful People: Sophie Dahl, Kiera Gormley, Jodie Kidd, Erin O'Connor, Lily Donaldson, Jasmine Guinness, Sophie Buxton, Lily Cole, Jacquetta Wheeler
-The Thoroughbreds: Stella Tennant and her grandmother The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire at their family estate.
-The Tastemakers: Nigella Ramsey and Gordon Ramsey having a food fight
-The Ground Force: Gardeners Mary Keen, Tom Stuart-Smith, Pip Morrison, Sarah Raven, Kim Wilkie, Fergus Garret with Jacquetta Wheeler, Julian Bannerman, Isabel Bannerman posing outside Downing Street
-The Exhibitionists: Grayson Perry, Chantal Joffe, Howard Hodgkin, Kate moss, Tim Noble, Dinos Chapman and Sue Webster
-The Starturns: Daria Klimentova, Dmitri Gruzdyeve, Dane Hurst, Antonette Dayrit, Ivan Purtrov, Roberta Marquez, Thomas Whitehead and Simon Williams all dancers.
-The Record Brekers: Models made up like plastic mannequins dressed in white Balenciaga outfits.
-The Directors: Richard Curtis, Mike Leigh ,Stephen Frears and Paul Greengrass with models Jasmine Guiness, Alice Gibb and Jodie Kidd
-The Scene-Stealers: Jeremy Irons, Sinead Cusack, Trevor Nunn, Michael Sheen, Rebecca Hall, Kelly Reilly, Rufus Sewell, Michael Gambon, Fiona Shaw, Ian McKellen, Eve Best, Ben Whishaw and David Hare
-British Built: A giant Erin O'Connor in Hussein Chalayan in a toytown with a teensy tiny Richard Rogers, the architect
-The Style Council: Jasper Conran, Paul Smith, Stephen Jones, Zandra Rhodes, Manolo Blahnik, Philip Treacy, Roland Mouret and Hussein Chalayan.

The Best Dressed of All Time List - 10 pgs

susie_bubble said:
The Clothes that Changed Our Lives - 18 pg editorial with a blurry Kate Moss in iconic items that revolutionised the woman's wardrobe in the 20th century. Ph: Nick Knight.

Ohhh...Kate...:rolleyes: :heart:
Thanks for the review Susie!:flower:

Wish I could scan some of this stuff...but I'm a) at work and b) I don't have a scanner at my new apartment! Boo...and I used to love scanning stuff so much...

ohhh that´s all sounds fantastic

I have to have it!

@Ieva kate is not on the cover, but inside :D

susie_bubble said:
-The Sharp Shooters: Photographers Robert Wyatt, Richard Young, Julian Broad, Mario Testino and Barry Lategan
-The Beautiful People: Sophie Dahl, Kiera Gormley, Jodie Kidd, Erin O'Connor, Lily Donaldson, Jasmine Guinness, Sophie Buxton, Lily Cole, Jacquetta Wheeler
-The Thoroughbreds: Stella Tennant and her grandmother The Dowager Duchess of Devonshire at their family estate.

Nice Kate editorial, obe question this 2 are by Mario Testino??

The cover doesn't look very great but OK, it's 90th anniversary and the cover is suitable for it. What a memorable issue!
BTW, is there no Karen? :(

^I look forward to buying this landmark issue! Thanks so much for this info!:flower:

Jodie Kidd twice...it was a long time since I hadn't seen her.
looks very intresting. def. a must buy!
a 10p. of all time best dressed
@Ieva kate is not on the cover, but inside

Kate is the only one who has two reprints of cov' collection! but Linda appears twice, too (but one on a trio cover)

After all the bad issues Vogue UK has had for some time now, I am looking forward to this. Not saying anything yet, but let's just say I am very, very curious.

Thanks for bringing this in, Susie :flower:

Look forward to picking this up tomorrow morning, and seeing yet another Nick Knight Editorial, he seems to have been doing quite a lot for uk vogue over the last few months

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikirin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->