UK Vogue September 2005 : Kate Moss by Nick Knight

for the moment the best cover of VogueUk of the year i loveed veryy 60:heart:

i don't like it much...
dont like the hair and make up...
and she looks emaciated...:ninja:

dont like it at all. not the colours, pose, clothes, photo in general..nothing.

and i like kate moss but at this point, i'm just so sick of her. go hiatus for a while. :doh:

I've decided that I love it. The colors are beauuuutiful. And Kate captures that early/mid 60s charm so well - except for the technical quality of the photo it could have been shot in the 60s. That's high praise in my book :P

Gemma Ward has yet another huge editorial in September's Vogue. I'll be posting the scans in my Live Journal sometime today.

Why has she always have to be on the Vogue cover? I´m getting sick of her though she really is beautiful.

kitsch said:
Gemma's editorial:
(Certain scans turned out better than others, for some reason).

Thanks for the scans Kitsch :flower: very good editorial from Nick Knight, have a question insiede have any editorial by Mario Testino??? thanks in advance

:wink:

That is a fabulous cover....i love the retro feel of it, that is totally modern and the icy blue shading

Picked up this vogue yesterday, I'm in love with the Gemma Editorial, my fave photo from it is the one of here in the striped Dior jumper, she looks stunning.

I like the cover a lot, and yes there is a testino shoot :heart:

I can't wait for fall

Notable ads
4pg Ralph Lauren - Jacquetta and Anastassia
4pg Gucci - Solange
Gap - Joss Stone
Estee Lauder - Carolyn
Dior - Kate
Prada - Sasha
4pg Louis Vuitton - Uma Thurman
Dolce and Gabbana - Doutzen, Inguna and Snejana?
Tods - Polina
Bottega Veneta - Christy Turlington :heart:
YSL - Daria
Balenciaga - Freja Beha
Guerlain - Doutzen ( she looks incredible )
Valentino - Doutzen, Gemma
Emporio Armani - Anne-Marie and Anja
Celine - Julia
Calvin Klein Collection - Natalia
Miu Miu - Chloe Sevigny and Selma Blair
Versace - Demi Moore
Burberry - Gemma
4pg Fendi - Carolyn
Jil Sander - Freja
3pg Donna Karan - Bianca
Max Mara - Hana
3pg Chloe - Erin? and Missy
Hugo Boss - Julia
6pg Tiffany - Shalom
4pg Chanel - Daria
Ungaro - Anja
CK Obsession - Gemma
JPG - Gisele
Escada - Hana, Marija, Caroline, Karen, Julia and Liya
Mulberry - Caroline
Givenchy - MariaCarla
Cavalli - Bianca, Natasha, Lily D, MariaCarla? Hye and Nataliya
Alessandro Dell Acqua - Marina
Moschino - Marina and Charlott
Nicole Fahri - Julia
Alberta Ferreti - Shannan
Michael Kors - Erin
Longchamp - Shannan
Sportmax - Shannan
Missoni - Bianca
Oscar de la Renta - Eugenia
Lanvin - Lily D

About 80% of this month's Vogue is ads!

Eds - Autumn's Big Ideas - Gemma Ward, by Nick Knight
Quiet Storm - 5 models, can only ID Freja and Lindsay E by Mario Testino
Pick n Mix - Julia Stegner by Thomas Schenk
Boy Meets Girl - Inguna by Horst Dickgerdes

Features - The season's new bags
Talent watch - fashion's next generation
How to be womanly - the new womanly allure

another review, courtesy of cathy at fashist online :flower:

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial][size=-1]this issue is a solid 406 pages, and that cover of Kate is shot by Nick Knight, and she's wearing Alberta Ferretti. No more Kate inside, apart from a short article (mentioned below).

The ads start off with Ralph Lauren, a few pages of Gucci, GAP, 2 pg Dior, 2 pg Prada, the same old Vuitton we've seen in every issue, 2 pg Dolce e Gabbana, 2 pg YSL (bored already), 2 pg Balenciaga, 2 pg Valentino (one girl is Gemma), 2 pg Emporio Armani, 1 pg Celine with Julia Stegner, 2 pg Calvin Klein with Natalia V, 2 pg Miu Miu, 1 pg Blumarine with Nadja, 2 pg Versace with Demi, 2 pg Burberry with Gemma, 4 pg Fendi with Carolyn Murphy, 2 pg Paul Smith with Louise Pedersen, 2 pg Jil Sander, 3 pg Donna Karan, 1 pg MaxMara with Hana, 3 pg Chlo, 2 pg Hugo Boss with Julia Stegner, 6 pg Tiffany with Shalom,4 pg Chanel with Daira, 1 pg Emanuel Ungaro, 2 pg CK Obsession Night with Gemma, 1 pg JPG with Gisele, 2 pg Escada group shot, 1 pg Kenzo with Guinevere, 2 pg Mulberry, 13 pg DKNY (newspaper format), 2 pg Jimmy Choo, 2 pg Givenchy with Maria Carla, 2 pg Cavalli, 2 pg Asprey with Keira Knightley, 2 pg Moschino, 2 pg Nicole Farhi, 2 pg Michael Kors, 1 pg Longchamp, 1 pg Missoni, 1 pg Pollini, 1 pg Oscar de la Renta with Eugenia V, 2 pg Diesel with Ana BB and Anne V, 2 pg DAKS, 1 pg Pink with Naomi Campbell. Back page is nothing special, just the usual ad for Dior 'J'adore' perfume.

I don't have time to list all the 1 pg ads, but you get the impression - there are many, many advertisers in this issue, although not a long run for any campaign other than the DKNY one at 13 pgs.

There's a one page look at Kate's previous UK Vogue covers, in fact, it's a look at the 10 years since Nick Knight first shot her for a solo Vogue cover, and this month is the 'tenth such collaboration' of the duo, though they only show images of nine covers.

There's a 6 pg fur advertorial shot by Michel Comte which looks like the sort of thing that turns up in Vogue Italia. I imagine this same advertorial might appear in a few different editions of September Vogues.

Editorials kick off with AUTUMN'S BIG IDEAS, which is Nick Knight shooting Gemma in a white studio, but accompanied with either freaky props, or some sort of digital manipulation. So in the opening shot, there's a still Gemma, and a few feet away from her, a cluster of young ballerinas entwining their limbs. It is not as good as it sounds. It is 'conceptual'. Next shot has the image of Gemma framed as if you were looking through some sort of floating keyhole, the next shot, as if someone had ripped the page and you see Gemma standing against a brick wall. Gemma on a horse. Gemma mirrored. Gemma wearing black & white clothes that probably needed all this manipulation to give a degree of interest to an opening editorial, but I'll be kind and say its 16 pgs of Gemma in a clean editorial where she's not looking ugly or freaky.

QUIET STORM takes a bunch of fresh young models and has them mooching around a room wearing black clothes. Mario Testino must have learnt his dog had died the day he shot this drab, depressing, lifeless 12 pg series of yet more black clothing. The only virtue I can find in this editorial is that it gives these very fresh faces an appearance, an introduction in a major issue. I have no idea who they are though, and this editorial wouldn't have me running to the internet to find out.

PICK'N'MIX is Julia Stegner, shot by Thomas Schenk in a grey studio, where she wears tweedy clothes and cashmere knits - imagine 'English style Michael Kors, with a slight edge' - with a few skirts thrown in. This is 12 pgs of a lively mix of how key pieces can be mixed up for your own interpretation, worn by Julia - and you know what you're getting with Julia, a nice, mildly glam blonde. It's not a brilliant editorial, but it's solid.

An article about artists, the Chapman brothers... a look at the big manor owned by the Robinson family, who own UK high street shot, Jigsaw. Then a 6 pg look at how to interpret this season's 'womanly' look from the catwalk to your own wardrobe.

BELLE DE NUIT is all about 1960's make-up - it's a very literal 6 pg interpretation of the trend, shot by Paolo Roversi, with bee-hives, berets, thick eyeliner, leopard print coats.

BOY MEETS GIRL, by Horst Diekgerdes is an outdoors editorial, where, over 12 pgs, an unknown model wears gamine clothes - trousers, big shirts, striped jumpers, the occasional dress, and various slightly masculine items.

Overall, this issue is full of wearable clothes, and I have to say, it's nothing special. Apart from the sheer amount of content, there's little here to truly excite. Now, I am always the first to whinge if magazines are too outre with their editorials, but this issue lacks either (a) a hint of fierce glamour, or (b) a dose of edge. This issue is like eating a soup with no salt. Everything in it is substantial and the clothes would look well on you, but there's no spice. It doesn't make you either feel excited about fashion OR take the scissors to the magazine to clip out a stunning shot. Because there are no stunning shots.

It's good, it's solid, but it's just not sensational.[/size][/font]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->