UK Vogue July 2024 : Mona Tougaard & Central Cee by Alasdair McLellan

They look like two strangers who've been interrupted mid-argument.

I initially wanted to say 'couple' but realized even fighting couples have more chemistry than this.

You’re too kind. It’s at best, a 1st-year graphic design student project.

I wonder… does a solid talent like Alasdair need to completely dumb-down his skills and sensibilities when he’s producing work for a consumer-end employer like her…??? This cover select is abysmally amateur: Mona looks deathly ill; both coverstars are digitally inserted together when they were shot separately; never mind chemistry— there’s not even awareness of one another LOL; the amateur, cheap gradient background is on the level of Rafael’s juvenile Dior Men campaign effort…

This woman has not produced a decently pedestrian catalogue cover, let alone a high-fashion cover since her appointment. Just hilarious how marinating in mediocrity and unhigh-fashion Vogue editors are nowadays.

Oh god…
Even Rolling Stone UK put a lot more effort

What is the point of Vogue when Vogue is trying to be ID, as is the case here? This cover makes very little sense to me. The Vogue brand is increasingly meaningless.

A non-event... It's quite funny that 10 years ago I was an exchange student (BA in Graphic Design) in the UK and the industry was SO different. "Is print dead?" used to be a discussion back then but I would've never guessed UK Vogue July 2024 would be worse than saying yes.

Abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. There's a huge disconnect between Mona Tougaard and Central Cee here, almost as if they were photographed at different times. No charm, no charisma, no chemistry, no nothing... just another total non-event of a cover from Chioma Nnadi.

Even Rolling Stone magazine has more exciting covers. Overall, I like McLellan's work but these images are not cover worthy.
Rolling Stone is exactly what I thought when I saw this cover. But they would do this much better.

Love Alasdair but it needs to stop being on autopilot. This is a whole lot of nothing.

Absolutely awful!! And people said they didn’t like Edward’s Vogue!! Chioma is sure doing a great job!! :/ I would take Edward’s Vogue over hers any day!! This is hideous!!

I've no issue with Central Cee getting a cover but this is really disappointing. Like US Bazaar, the problem is not so much with the subjects or photographer, but with the actual cover design and art direction. The images are fine, the cover doesn't need to be this poor!

I need help. By any chance, will it be available in the UK newsstands earlier than June 18 (the exact sale date that they posted on their IG caption)? Will I still be able to secure my June issue once it'll be on sale? Thank you.

I need help. By any chance, will it be available in the UK newsstands earlier than June 18 (the exact sale date that they posted on their IG caption)? Will I still be able to secure my June issue once it'll be on sale? Thank you.
The only help you need is the strength to resist buying this magazine. I’m praying for you. 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->