UK Vogue July 2024 : Mona Tougaard & Central Cee by Alasdair McLellan

While I know this is a British publication, you're not a legit rapper unless you've made it as a rapper in the US, and he hasn't so they're really just featuring the equivalent of Shaggy. Someone that will be a forgotten regional one-hit wonder in 20 years time. So the problem is not that it is him but Vogue's s*it direction as per usual..

Also, I noticed this last month or the month before but what on earth is the purpose of those image descriptions? are they for disabled people maybe? AI? and why are they always so random, and odd and inconsistent? it was 'white woman standing against a wall' or something last month, but now it's.. not 'Chinese Guyanese man and Turkish and African woman stand next to each other'? they make these big, disingenuous points about race in this magazine, then backtrack, then they're back when numbers go down, it's all so ????... almost to make the magazine look out-of-touch and ready to fold.

"Summer Music Special" - Ariana Grande, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish and Charli XCX (who looks to score her second #1 album tomorrow) have all released albums in the last 3 months and they go with Central Cee and Mona against the same indoor background as last month.

McClellan normally captures far stronger images outdoors and it all seems a waste for July

"Summer Music Special" - Ariana Grande, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish and Charli XCX (who looks to score her second #1 album tomorrow) have all released albums in the last 3 months and they go with Central Cee and Mona against the same indoor background as last month.

McClellan normally captures far stronger images outdoors and it all seems a waste for July

Now that you've mentioned it, they could've given this cover to Charli XCX to promote her new album, Brat.

Now that you've mentioned it, they could've given this cover to Charli XCX to promote her new album, Brat.

They chose a side and it was FKA Twigs.

Hey Siri, play “Von Dutch” by Charli xcx

Wow, pop culture and beauty standards are so repulsive nowadays. Look at them standing in front of that transmission line, looking miserable, untidy, and hopeless... Him sticking his hand down there... So disrespectful. Not becuse it's sexual, but because it's tasteless, vulgar, unattractive.

I've just visited the threads of Spanish and Serbian Vogue covers that popped up today too... Like, what's that? They are not even worth commenting.
I'm having zero expectations from any Vogue. What's wrong with these people and magazines, I'm disillusioned.
I'm out of here...

And I'm quite fond of pylons, you could do a lot with an industrial landscape, visually.

To fill in the time between seeing the cover and seeing the actual issue, this is how the men who built the pylons in the 1950s were dressed when they did it. Sean O'Malley up there in his working man's suit, with scarcely a thought given to health and safety (British Pathé)

While I know this is a British publication, you're not a legit rapper unless you've made it as a rapper in the US, and he hasn't so they're really just featuring the equivalent of Shaggy. Someone that will be a forgotten regional one-hit wonder in 20 years time. So the problem is not that it is him but Vogue's s*it direction as per usual..

Also, I noticed this last month or the month before but what on earth is the purpose of those image descriptions? are they for disabled people maybe? AI? and why are they always so random, and odd and inconsistent? it was 'white woman standing against a wall' or something last month, but now it's.. not 'Chinese Guyanese man and Turkish and African woman stand next to each other'? they make these big, disingenuous points about race in this magazine, then backtrack, then they're back when numbers go down, it's all so ????... almost to make the magazine look out-of-touch and ready to fold.

LOL Yes auto alt text for the visually impaired (...Which has me wondering: What's the point of being interested in fashion publication if one is visually-impaired, since it's such a purely visual medium???). And yes— absolutely, hilariously racist since apparently all Caucasians, from Norwegians to Bulgarians, are just…”White”. While… it’s so region-specific for POC.

It's sad and all sorts of bad, but FKA Twigs cover was so much uglier? Not a single good (or even passable) cover under Chioma so far. Horrible editor and now a horrible magazine I couldn't care less about. I can hardly motivate myself enough to write a few words here, when all I can think is ew.

Funny thing is how Anna and Edward used to make a huge deal about putting a man on the cover alone (Harry Styles and Timothée Chalamet) and paraphrased like they've earn it for their fashion cred or whatever, and now we got this subject on the cover.

Can we call Alexandra Shulman legendary now?:magic:
Alexandra created iconic covers in her 25 years.....it was all so British..... Williams with Gisele, Lady Diana, Kate Moss gold Issue, Millennium Issue, kate Middleton, Elton John and liz hurley.... .the group models dressed in the British flag....he was so patriotic....his December issues were so celebratory and festive...the shulman era will remain one of my favorites

It's the first really bad image of Mona. The parted lips with the teeth protruding. Chimoa approving that image for the cover tells you everything about how little image editing experience she has. She comes from a writing background and it shows.

I see some people on eBay have received their print copies already.

I wonder if this issue will contain a reprint of that Gigi cover story from Vogue France that's doing the rounds in various editions, because that would make it even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->