UK Vogue July 2024 : Mona Tougaard & Central Cee by Alasdair McLellan

I guess this new editor doesn’t have that many influential friends in higher places? Coz given Naomi’s upcoming exhibition at the V&A museum in London, I would’ve thought she will have another Vogue UK cover but perhaps even Naomi doesn’t want to be associated with this sorry new era of the magazine…how I miss Edward lol

This cover is the trifecta of what I don’t want to see on ANY women’s magazine ~ facial tattoos; active wear (even if it is Chanel) & a man ~ it’s all so basic.
I just feel this cover appeals to a very niche demo - when a cover has to appeal to a broader group of the population because ultimately it’s about moving product.
So disappointing.

You're brave for asking.
Lol. Just hoping for some good editorials inside as I still don’t have the strength to resist myself from wasting my money on yet another issue of this mess

chioma... this is too casual and random af. a damn tickytok rapper? yall are reaching into the gutter for a gen z audience and it's real pathetic. please don't make it a habit to put undeserving flash in the pan men on the cover of vogue. he didn't need to be there. he adds nothing to this. what a waste!

why does some of mona's cover look like psa ads? i would expect this to be a lulu's or modern lands' end catalog cover. even seventeen or girl's life would have done something better than this

kenya hunt would've done something better but some of her elle uk covers are hits and big misses

Play Time
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Kate Phelan
Grooming: Nicola Svensen
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Make Up: Lynsey Alexander
Nails: Jenny Longworth
Talent: Central Cee
Model: Mona Tougaard

Vogue UK Digital

National Anthems
Photographer: Adama Jalloh
Styling: Kate Phelan
Grooming: Mucktaru Kargbo
Hair: Kei Terada
Make Up: Marina Belfon-Rose
Nails: Simone Cummings, Amy Streets
Talents: Shygirl, Jyoty, Flo, Ezra Collective, Olivia Dean, Holly Humberstone

Vogue UK Digital

The Invitation
Photographer: Tyler Mitchell
Styling: Camilla Nickerson; Michael Philouze
Hair: Jawara
Make Up: Fara Homidi
Nails: Dawn Sterling
Models: Liya, Raee & Suhul Kebede

Vogue UK Digital

is it a new directive from chioma to not have any makeup in her magazine? between the 4 stories everyone looks a little sullen and grey

Upcoming in UK Vogue:

August: Sportswear for weddings (your comfort above their commitment)
September: Depression dressing
October: Vogue's A-Z guide to Adulting (collector's edition)
November: Another man on the cover
December: Conscious consumption (bumper 106-page issue full of unforgettable features)

My print subscription has just arrived... 224 pages. I got the Mona and man cover, the editor's note mentions that Central Cee is on the cover "in trademark trackpants, of course".

As usual, I will enjoy reading the articles at the front, a mix of beauty features and fashion reminiscences, this month from Michelle de Swarte ("Being young and beautiful was f*cking great") and Robin Muir's look at Armani at 90. There's also a mini profile of UK tennis player Jack Draper (as seen on Vogue's insta).

For a magazine that seems to prioritise casual dressing, it feels like UK Vogue is featuring a lot of "price on demand" jewellery.

There's the return of "Mini Vogue", a dedicated section for kids clothing and postpartum health issues.

In terms of the main editorial section, the b/w shots from the cover story are better than the colour ones, while the musicians feature - which is supposed to be the theme of this issue - doesn't really stand out.

It's followed by "The Way She Wore" where Tracey Emin wears Vivienne Westwood, as shot by Juergen Teller. You can see this on UK Vogue's website. Tracey's face is how I feel, in general.

The Martin Parr story is the one part that feels like a traditional fashion editorial. After this, it's an interview with Imelda Staunton, shot by Jo Metson Scott, rounding off with the Liya reprint from US Vogue, which I would have been more impressed by, if I hadn't seen it already, about a month ago.

Back page Q&A is "What Would Nicola Peltz Beckham Do?"

I never would imagine that i would miss Edward
Actually yes, i think everyone saw that its only gonna go a downhill of the downhills

By Martin Parr, no wonder it's nicer than those types of edits.
Excuse my ignorance but I’ve never heard of this guy until this day so thanks for the enlightenment! Went to his website and I like his style of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->