UK Vogue March 2018 : Gigi Hadid & Bella Hadid by Steven Meisel

Groundbreaking in disappointing :smile:

I can’t say I’m interested in either, but GiGi’s is definitely better for me. There’s something about the hair placement and the off-centre cropping that makes Bella’s seem out for me. Either way, they’re both blah.

I am going to pick Gigi's cover even though she looks nothing like herself. Bella is doing the exact same face she did for her last Max Mara campaign...

I was kind of excited to read it was by Meisel, but this is not a good set of covers.

I am going to pick Gigi's cover even though she looks nothing like herself. Bella is doing the exact same face she did for her last Max Mara campaign...

Exactly, same hair, same makeup, same face. Looks like an outtake

Last edited by a moderator:
80s ReDo....everything, including the off-center crop + #boringBelle

GiGi has the better cover and that weird because Bella I think is a better stare down (not movement) model!

Also, it would have been better if they were together and not two separate covers.

I’ll be buying both though.

Oh man, I knew this was coming but I didnt know it would be his fourth issue... Anyways, they both look really good here, despite the heavy retouching on Gigi.

Better than last month's but it's not saying much. Gigi and Bella by Meisel is kinda boring now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have liked these better if we hadn't already seen Jennifer Lawrence by I&V for Vogue US September. For sure not the first time this gray-background-gold-lamé-dress-wet-hair-sultry-makeup concept has been done, but repeating it on a major magazine within six months minimizes its impact.

Bella cover is terrible, the facial expression dosent work

They are both fine covers, but i certainly prefer Gigi's, the layout really works with those images though.

Gigi's cover is clearly the winner here, but both of them look quite meh.
The photoshop on Gigi is too much, but I liked her relaxed expression. Bella, on the contrary, has a face that looks like she is trying so hard and thinking "I'm gonna give my best smize here like Tyra has taught". On both covers, the grey background is unappealing and makes the images flat, plus I can't stand the wet hair trend, especially with that type of styling. And lastly, as others have already pointed out, Bella's shot looks exactly like her Max Mara campaign, but the shots in general make me think too much of the Versace campaign too as they are both wearing it and it has the grey background and it is by meisel. Still, the two covers are a big improvement after that horrible February issue. Words cannot describe how bad that was. I'm also very interested in reading Miuccia''s interview, as many on the forum commented on her last collections that it is like she has been giving up, so I'm curious to read something about the future of Prada.

Gigi looks good but Bella looks like Zoolander. Either way really unimpressive.

No wonder no one is ever witless enough to shoot the sisters together: Gigi smoulders so effortlessly— and as much as this shot doesn’t look like her, she’s capable of projecting so much warmth, and life. Not even a dying spark from her sister… And always the same stunned, stiff and fembot gaze.

It really isn’t much— which seems to be reflective of fashion publications these gloomy days, but his Gigi cover is absolutely the best Edward has been able to conjure in his so-far extremely disappointing role as Alexandra 2.0.

Thanks vogue28

Ok so I started buying Vogue UK again because Edward was editor, and now I feel like I have to buy every issue to support him, but to be honest, it's been disappointment after disappointment... Bella by Meisel sounded good to me, but the cover doesn't do anything to me though. Pretty bland...

Comparing max Mara and the cover.. they really look the same:

Sources max Mara and British vogue instagram

I was just about to post a comment about Bella making that same face in the Max Mara shoot. I hate when she twists her head in shoots, it looks very awkward. She did in her Elle cover too. Gigi looks stunning!

The design on Vogue UK covers appears to be less commercial with the supermarket-loud headlines with more emphasis and focus on the subjects and fashion. Pat McGrath’s talent really shines through here. Honestly, I love both covers. Bella is giving me Christy Turlington vibes.

but his Gigi cover is absolutely the best Edward has been able to conjure in his so-far extremely disappointing role as Alexandra 2.0.
I was just rolling my eyes at his #NewVogue hashtag on IG!! Like really? Gigi has been used as a cover model TWICE by Alexandra. And how long will they be claiming their Vogue is "new"? How about focusing on making good issues, and doing less gimmicks, and hype!

I am happy to see that Joe McKenna is styling their covers though, and back working with Meisel, i think, it's been a while....:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->