UK Vogue March 2018 : Gigi Hadid & Bella Hadid by Steven Meisel

excited to see Spur of the Moment in print. I have a weakness for anything Edwardian/Equestrian/New Romantic themed.

Say what you will about Kaia. From the notion that she's too young--as if we all have forgotten the fact that most of our favorite models started modeling at 15 or even 14--to the supposed nepotism, to her pageanty vibe...I mean, yes, those arguments are valid, but after seeing her ed, I wish Edward would take the risk of putting the first image on the cover. Does it look like any other Meisel's studio shoots? Yes. Does she evoke more emotions and pose better than the Hadids and Kendalls of the world combined? Yes. Oh, Edward. What a missed opportunity.

the difference for me now is I was also 15, 16, 17 years old when my favorite models were in their primes so it never crossed my mind how young that truly is...and now that I am an grown adult almost in my 30s I see how incredibly effed up the modeling industry is for blowing up these young teen girls using their images as an ideal to sell to adult women and then almost always dumping them by age 21, maybe 25 if they are lucky. It blows my mind that there are that many emotionally immature and stunted adult individuals in the fashion industry that just now in 2018 they put a guideline in for only 18+ models(as if that's even going to be enforced for more then a few months). There is absolutely no reason to use teenage girls in the fashion industry. End of.

the difference for me now is I was also 15, 16, 17 years old when my favorite models were in their primes so it never crossed my mind how young that truly is...and now that I am an grown adult almost in my 30s I see how incredibly effed up the modeling industry is for blowing up these young teen girls using their images as an ideal to sell to adult women and then almost always dumping them by age 21, maybe 25 if they are lucky. It blows my mind that there are that many emotionally immature and stunted adult individuals in the fashion industry that just now in 2018 they put a guideline in for only 18+ models(as if that's even going to be enforced for more then a few months). There is absolutely no reason to use teenage girls in the fashion industry. End of.

Thank you! It’s called progress. I’m surprised at how many people are ok with being stuck in retrograde.

WANDER LUST
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Stylist: Jane How
Hair: Didier Malige
Make-Up: Yadim Carranza
Models: Luna Bijl & Kiki Willems

large-1517564138-848427e985286ea6195963f47227f44d.jpg

premiermodelmanagement

Last edited by a moderator:
British Vogue, March 2018

Gigi & Bella

Photographer: Steven Meisel