UK Vogue October 2024 : Florence Pugh by Venetia Scott

I actually like the photographs inside of the issue more than the cover image. I especially like the photographs of Pugh by the fireplace and looking in the mirror.

This is one of the worst covers that I've seen in a while... I actually am very fond of Chioma, but I have no idea what she's doing here. 🤷

Nah. Samira's getting there, slowly but surely. Chioma has displayed nothing but a total lack of taste. Period. Samira's Bazaar, as puzzling as some of the choices can be, is not THAT bad.
Completely agree. Samira is getting there.

the styling, the settin g, the photography i looove

somehow florence's face just looks like, muggin, like she's not in character??? like her looking in the mirror cmon ham it up tilt your head a bit, sad than an actress would be so devoid of emotion in photographs lol

terrible cover.
there’s no excuse for choosing that as the image for the cover. this woman has no taste whatsoever as it has been proved by all previous covers.
regardless of how fanboy Edward was, a lot of his covers were beautiful.

she needs to be fired.

The editorial is giving home design magazine lol
Vogue is a fashion magazine, as far as I recall

So many things that offend me about this cover. Unfortunately I find Florence exceptionally overrated, although the few films that I have seen her in (e.g. Oppenheimer) have proven she's got good acting chops. Not all of these actresses are meant to be fashion girlies though. I mean even Meisel couldn't make her look good in those Valentino ads.

Ultimately though the fault lies with Chioma, who just seems totally incapable of conceiving an acceptable cover image, let alone a good one. Although I think the bloody awful grammar ("there's no insecurities" anymore vs. "there ARE no insecurities anymore"...really now?) associated with this cover story offends me more than Venetia's terrible imagery. I teach languages and this hurts my soul. We are talking about British Condé Nast here. Standards so low, Hades couldn't reach them!

The sloppy copy errors all these CN publications are making are really wild now that you mention it. Personally, I don't think I'll ever be over VOGUE FRANCE misattributing an editorial by Steven MEISEL to Steven KLEIN. :lol: That takes the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->