Undercover F/W 09.10 Tokyo/Paris

some of the looks are a bit of Lanvin..but interesting nonetheless

I could barely focus on the clothes with such a beautiful runway, the play of lights on the trees is quite outstanding. :heart:
The collection falls on a 50/50 for me, I see many pieces that are so remarkably Jun, or Jun as I like to understand it anyway!, pieces that are intricate and quite violent in their elements, but on the other hand, there's so much of his 'conventional' phase that makes it harder to digest for me, it sort of kills the mood of what could've been one of the best shows of the season. -_-

thanks for the pictures, kiddo!!!.

you're welcome!

i love those two jackets with the knitted patches. and the fabric technology...isn't it brilliant? god i could wear a big coat in the middle of an indian summer,yes!!!??

im in the opposite boat, i cant concentrate on the clothes because the runway is so distracting.

It's not as streamlined and edited as last fall (which I adored) but i love it anyway.

I love the way he oscillates between intricate/romantic and spacey/utilitarian...it gives some fascinating contours to my imagination of Jun's brain. :P

I get such an intense feeling of interiority (both literal and psychological) looking at this.
It's not inward in the autobiographical sense, the way that many Belgian designers tend to be,
but in an elemental, expressive way.
It's in the clothes themselves, but also in the setting...in those ancient archetypes, forest and fire. :heart:

i just realized this DOES take place in the forest, silly me.....the light changes from day to night. the reflection of the foil messes me up but the evening shots with the leopard are cool. the boots look awesome, but i always seem to like undercover shoes, i wonder if those are thermotron too? scott, that blog post was fascinating.

Last edited by a moderator:
^heh, heh, i always think i am the only one who likes the shoes...:P

Love those pics on Diane's blog, thanks Scott. Beautiful, beautiful jackets.

^i love his women's shoes....they're really like treasures or collector's pieces. remember the but beautiful collection with those homespun witchy,granny shoes?? and his boots with the beautiful linings. ah-mazing!

seems a little 'droopy' to me...

:ermm:...

i don't know...just not anything special imo...
but it really is always hit or miss with undercover...imo...
and there are always some great individual pieces regardless of the overall success of each collection...

thanks for all the pics...

i like the mylar runway-
*could do without the silver skull caps though..:ninja:

the fabric's called PC Em.. (?) that;s interesting..

i would love to experience this
esp the Undercover dress above the knee if it works with a bit of the body exposed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->