US Elle August 2012 : Katie Holmes by Carter Smith

I consider this about as lucky as when Kim Kardashian was on the cover of Marie Claire at the time of her divorce. Perhaps I'm too cynical but this type of publicity always seems perfectly planned as opposed to serendipitous.

^Agreed. All those Blind Items from a few months ago seem to imply that many people knew about the upcoming divorce anyway so I'm not all that surprised at least one magazine decided to put her on their cover this summer.

I like the cover shot. That styling works well on her and she always looks really good when she's not doing that smirk.

oh god I am really not interested in her and her overphotoshopped covers

Damn, they didn't waste any time did they?

:woot: omg the beginning of new Katie! She looks young&'hip' lol... But seriously, I like it. All this Hollywood divorce fashion reminds me to reinvent myself more often :idea:

Styled by: Joe Zee
02ellecoverwhiteaugustk.jpg

01ellecoverstoryaugustk.jpg

elle.com

Nice cover, this is gonna be the hell of an issue for them, The drama of their divorce has the world talking 24/7. Both covers are nice, I don't mind the red text on the second cover and that is a MAJOR improvement. Their graphic designer balanced the amount of text to make it match with the cover, but why did they went for the white background again? I guess there's gonna be three covers then, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well...if this isn't perfect timing! This issue will probably sell out seeing as Katie and Tom are getting divorced now. Elle was spot on with timing though! But seriously, Katie looks pretty good on the cover. Though I'm not sure if the peachy colored background works well with her skin tone, it might wash her out. It's always so hard to tell before the HQ pictures are released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the whole perfect timing thing, I just think this is one of Elle's best covers in a while. Katie look better than she normally does. Younger, more stylish, prettier. If this IS calculated, then I don't think people have been giving Kate Holmes enough credit for being very savvy.

Damn Katie looks GREAT! Love those perfectly over contoured cheek bones! Amazing! Love the hair and everything. I just dislike the peach background it has! A simple white would've done perfectly. This reminds me of Elle's glory days! Simply amazing. Even the layout ot the subscribers' cover is lovely!

Talk about good timing as well!
Posted via Mobile Device

What a striking cover. I haven't been Katie's fan for quite a while, but maybe now when things are changed, I might give her a chance.

i feel like the white background version must be the actual cover that will be on newsstands... i think the peach is distracting.

uh the cover with the inclined text would be so much better as a newsstand cover too, that's so ELLE, but is good to see they are improving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->