manicure: Gina Edwards

visualoptimism.blogspot.com via Stereo Flo

"Tight Knit"
Photographer: Matt Irwin
Stylist: Ondine Azoulay
Hair: Nicolas Jurnjack
Make-up: Kaoru Okubo

mattirwinlondon.tumblr.com & visualoptimism.blogspot.com

A Twin Peaks inspired editorial? Okay, I cannot get this issue soon enough and I'm not much of an Elle fan! :lol:

"The Surreal World" is amazing. This is one of the best Elle issues I've seen. Especially impressive for it being an August edition, which are usually lacking in substance for any magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Surreal World" is amazing. This is one of the best Elle issues I've seen. Especially impressive for it being an August edition, which are usually lacking in substance for any magazine.

I agree.

I think I read that they pushed Katie Holmes' feature up a month or two (did I read she was meant to have the October or September cover? I think so) to cash in on the publicity of her divorce, but does anyone know if other changes were made as well? Perhaps they took an editorial or two meant for September and put it in this issue, knowing that if this issue sells very well, it would be wise for them to put strong content in other than just Katie's feature.

^ But if that was really true, how come they didnt change Katie's introduction text then? The "She Built an old fashioned family life, beat the odds marriage..." part is really awkward to read now, given the things. Not to mention the praise for her fashion company, which has miles to go before it can be branded successful.

This is my problem with fluff celeb PR pandering from mags these days, on occasions like this, it blows back in their face. Same thing happened when they had Lindsay on the cover years ago, and she just got arrested or something, and was talking about how her life is starting anew...well we all see how that went.

But otherwise, its really not a bad August issue, i like Horst's ed.

I saw this on the newsstands and the background is actually more of an orange color. Yuck!

I saw this on the newsstands and the background is actually more of an orange color. Yuck!

It's weird, I went to the grocery store today and they had three different covers. One with white background, one with lime green, and one with like... tangerine/peach color.

it's great she left Tom. Let's hope she would do many new covers now

Ha??? Isn't this Sheila Marquez ??

00090m.jpg

style.com

am I the only person who thinks that the cover shot resembles Helena Christensen's shot for VI by Mario Sorrenti? Katie looks great but no wonder bcos she looks like a supermodel and not the actress...

models com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->