US Elle December 2020/January 2021 : Zendaya by Micaiah Carter

She's beautiful, like a model. I don't get why her covers are terrible in some point.

Awful styling, and done by her personal dresser? Stands to reason.
This is why Elle will always be Elle and never Vogue. The 'stylist' probably thought they were being edgy by adding the sneakers but it's just messy. Stick to dressing her for the red carpet, please!
Alex White has been nothing but a disappointment ever since she got here, a true gutless wonder. She's actually making Elle worse off than it was.
I know this deal was probably brokered by some suit who oversees international editions, but White is a respected stylist and since US Elle is the most important edition in that staple they should have some sort of say on who style these shoots. But Zendaya probably made the demands. We should thank Beyonce for that. Celebrities treating magazines as though it's an extension of their IG. It will only get worse from here onwards.

In last month's editor's letter, Nina had some nice things to say about Micaiah so I guess it's safe to say she's got him on side. For now. Not where I'd like to see him because I don't think Elle's stylists are good enough to help shape his work (it's already starting to look like Tyler-lite imo), but at least he got his foot in the door with Australian Vogue while a virtual unknown got to shoot British Vogue.

Again, will celebrity in fashion ever fade away?
Argentine Elle is maybe my favorite edition of that magazine. Even some covers and editorials are way better than the french edition and superior than some editions of Vogue. It's simple, and modest (100 pages per issue) but the quality is incredible.

Screenshot_2020-11-25-18-19-32.png Screenshot_2020-11-25-18-19-07.png Screenshot_2020-11-25-18-18-37.png
Pressreader/my snaps

My country has an economic crisis since forever, but we can produce better magazines (covers, contents,etc) than american Elle or even Vogue.

US Elle December 2020/January 2021

Once Upon A Time in LA

Photographer: Petra Collins
Stylist: Kyle Luu
Hair: Mara Roszak
Makeup: Kara Yoshimoto Bua
Cast: Margaret Qualley

US Elle Digital Edition

Finally some good styling from Alex. "Boss lady" is surprisingly good coming from Chris Colls. While Petra editorial should just stay on her IG cause no papers should be wasted for this nonsense.

Does Rozanne Verduin have an ed inside, non? By Alex White...

The Chris Colls story is quite clearly the highlight of the entire issue, and it's about time we encountered something major and memorable from Alex White. The opening shot and the image of Rozanne wearing the bomber jacket are both superb! I'm also loving the red hair on Rozanne. Zero complaints!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->