US Elle February 2015 : Lena Dunham by Paola Kudacki

kimair

frozen
Reaction score

my pic

she's wearing saint laurent...
fyi this is the newsstand cover; there is a separate subscriber one which is a chest up shot (off the shoulder black tee)

review:
"that girl is a woman now" by paola kudacki, styling by samira nasr
Lena dunham profile

"bohemian rhapsody" by david bellemere, styling by sabina schrader
free your mind and channel spring's luxe hippie vibe
model: carla ciffoni/img

"women in tv" by nagi sakai, styling by carmen borgonovo
lizzie caplan, elisabeth moss, ellie kemper, emily mortimer, gabrielle union, tracee ellis ross, tatiana maslany, sarah paulson, amanda peet

"the new class" by nagi sakai, styling by carmen borgonovo
aja naomi king, karen david, alison sudol, ruby rose, erin richards, gina rodriguez, zhu zhu

"glam rocks" by carlton davis, styling by vanessa chow
accessories edit

"future perfect" by jean paul goude
profile of nicolas ghesquiere featuring models replicating a backstage scene

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pretty good cover, but I can't really stand Lena anymore after all those weird stories about her so called book.
Excited to see Aja Naomi King though.

This might be the best I've seen Lena on a magazine cover! Bravo to Elle because Vogue failed miserably on Lena's cover shoot. Thanks for the thread, kimair!

I don't like the styling. I prefer much more her last cover for Vogue.

[Piece Of Me];12885305 said:
It's a pretty good cover, but I can't really stand Lena anymore after all those weird stories about her so called book.
Excited to see Aja Naomi King though.

I completely agree, I'll be honest I haven't read her book, but some of the strange things I've heard that are in it are very unappealing and have turned me off from her. No surprise she's getting covers though the fashion world has an appreciateion for outside the box even sometimes weird thinkers, which I can appreciate at times but when it becomes obscene I'm not interested.

I love Lena, I think she's funny and a great talent and always comes off as charismatic and charming in the interviews that I've watched (plus I love her show.) I'm happy to see her on another cover, although I do think it's funny that she was on Vogue's February cover last year wearing a white shirt with red dots and here she is on another February cover wearing red with white dots - a completely uninteresting observation but one that I picked up on nevertheless. I think the overall styling here is more appealing than her Vogue shoot and I quite like the hair as odd as it is.

I love the Jean Paul Goude shoot, it made me smile and I like the energy it has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like her at all, and I'm trying to figure out why, is it ok that I can't stand her or am I just jelly cause she's like the coolest thing ever and I'm not? Don't know.

I wonder if that means Elle is now doing a Bazaar-style 'universal editorial' each month that'll appear in all editions.

I also wondered this. Even more so because Lorraine wrote in her letter that this shoot was a collaboration between her and JPG. She even said that its an ed she is most proud as eic of UK Elle. So its surprising to see it reprinted in US edition. Lena looks lovely though, i find her very talented, and charming. Excited for new season. I did like her Vogue cover more, it was better done. Kimair thanks a million for posting the cover and review. :flower:

Love her, love her book (which I read immediately and before the backlash -- I didn't find the controversial passages to be disturbing when I read it initially), and her show. Cover image is not horrible, but it's bland and uninspired. Ah well, this is US Elle after all.

Lena looks cool here but the styling is really bad.

it had potential i think.

switch out the masthead and this totally screams US VOGUE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->