Elle USA

RAY OF LIGHT
Photographer: Cedric Buchet
Stylist: Sabina Schreder
Hair: Cecilia Romero
Make-up: Frank B.
Model: Madison Headrick

Elle USA

Wow... The editorials are somewhat memorable this month! They still need a stronger roster of photographers though. I can never tell the style of one Elle photographer from the next except for maybe Serge Leblon.

She looks like a happier version of Kristen Stewart.

"Power Trip"

Photographer: David Bellemere
Stylist: Simon Robins
Hair: Charles McNair at Jed Root
Make-up: Natasha Severino
Manicure: Marisa Carmichael
Castin: Sisi Chonco for Zan Casting

Models: Ysaunny Brito + Sean Lyles

Source: imcmagazine.com

"Ray of Light"

Photographer: Cedric Buchet
Stylist: Sabina Schreder
Hair: Cecilia Romero for Rene Furterer at The Wall Group
Make-up: Frank B. at The Wall Group
Prop Stylist: Brian Porter
Casting: Stefanie Koenig for Zan Casting
Production: James Kelly

Model: Madison Headrick

Source: imcmagazine.com

I don't care about any of this, someone just post the Taylor Kitsch article/pics and I'll love you forever.

"the 29 year-old bisexual siren that so bewitched him he eventually broke up his 14-year relationship with Vanessa Paradis, the mother of his two children"

Because nothing's more empowering than reading how your scale of attractiveness, or should I say sirenness, goes from none (1) to the ultimate validation a woman should aspire to: breaking a marriage (10 :cool:).

Gross journalism.

And I wish I could say wonderful things about her because, if anything, the joke's on John, but then we learn she's tired of being put in a barbie box because hey she's so hot, followed by James Franco saying she's "so beautiful bet she gets a lot prejudice... but she's still so gorgeous!", hated modeling, hates roles about living under the shadow of a man (oh the irony). Guess my sense of beauty is totally warped at this point but I hardly see anything past your average pedestrian blond who simply darkened her hair, stopped the tanning sessions, is now making an effort to fix the overly plucked eyebrows and went from dressing like The Hills to dressing like straight out of a Forever 21 campaign... or maybe these people don't know who Johnny Depp is and therefore don't know what Vanessa Paradis and Kate Moss looked like. Anyway, typical stuff from Elle...

"the 29 year-old bisexual siren that so bewitched him he eventually broke up his 14-year relationship with Vanessa Paradis, the mother of his two children"

Because nothing's more empowering than reading how your scale of attractiveness, or should I say sirenness, goes from none (1) to the ultimate validation a woman should aspire to: breaking a marriage (10 :cool:).

Gross journalism.

I think it also says a lot that her "team" is willing to go along with this and try to ride this wave of "manic pixie homewrecker dream-bombshell." Homegirl's career wouldn't be anywhere without it.

And I just can't at the contrivance of having part of the interview be at a record store... "Oh, she likes old country music on vinyl! How artsy and unique." :lol:

Gross journalism.

This is it then, Angelina Jolie 2.0. I just cannot believe that a mainstream magazine aimed at women actually thought this would be a plausible narrative to print. Then again, when you look at the success of her predecessors, can we blame her people for going this route. The media has been glorifying these type of women for some time now.
Notice how there's not a mention about the kids, or rather, her relationship with them.

Of all mainstream magazines, I'd say US Elle has the most interesting articles - some very honest pieces about relationships and self-identity - so it's probably a disappointment that they published such a silly piece.

Although fashion magazines are full of absurd narratives - one-page features about responsible financial management, with the rest of the pages filled with products that cost more than a month's salary. Articles about feminism to balance out - in a ratio of about 1:100 - the adverts for botox and the photoshopped faces relentlessly looking down on you from the printed page.

Subscribers' Cover:

2015_07_01_FW15_Elle_Cover_Amber_Heard_534x750.jpg

altuzarra.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->