US Glamour January 2019 : Amber Heard by Jason Kibbler

dfl-001

Reaction score
Glamour USA January 2019 ( yes! January 2019); Amber Heard
(first look) source: kevinkkelly1 on eBay

WRdS3Nay_o.jpg

Now they want to up the ante!?! What an effortless yet beautiful cover image! And for once the art direction really looks interesting. But then Amber has always been gorgeous, even during her pre-Depp lipstick lesbian days. I'm also really keen to read her feature because that coverline sounds so cryptic and intriguing.

Zero creativity, tacky and cheap glamour. The logotype of this magazine is diabolical.

it's nice to see Glamour hanging in there for now. Do you reckon we'll reach a point where print will stabilise?

^ When weak titles like Glamour, Allure, W die out, I think.

I love this cover.

However I get so sad when I go to the mag store and feel the magazines, mags like Glamour, Cosmo, Allure and Vanity Fair are so thin now.

Better cover image. Source Glamour Twitter.

DtAuSxTXcAAS6Kw.jpg

What a total shame this marks Glamour's last monthly print issue, especially considering this is easily the best cover Samantha Barry has done. I love the retro styling, the colours and think overall the cover is very refreshing for January.

In a perfect world, Jason Kibbler should've been the eventual successor to Testino and Demarchelier years ago. The same way Lubomirski was backed and got all the inducements. This cover, for this magazine, proves there's still a market for the effortless, unassuming glamour photography. And when you look at Kibbler's body of work you can tell he's ready for it. He's got such a perfect understanding and approach of each edition he shoots for.

I originally wasn't too fond of it, but I've grown into liking it. I guess its a fitting last print issue.

It looks like they use canva website to design this tacky layout.

Got this in the mail. It comes in at an embarrassing 98 pages.

Review:

"Grown-up Glitter"
P: Anairam
S: Rachel Gilman
Makeup: James Kaliardos
M: Jenaye Noah Aleece Wilson, Diana Sanz

No fashion edit, though there's a story about how to find hope in unexpected places, which is good timing for this magazine I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->