US Elle March 2024 : Vittoria Ceretti by Mario Sorrenti

Must definitely be lowering my standards lately, because despite the general consensus of this thread, I'm very much a fan of the two covers. In particular... the second with Vittoria wearing the Willy Chavarria. I have a massive amount of respect and admiration for Nina Garcia endorsing fashion models as cover stars. Elle outshines Bazaar and Vogue on the regular!

Boring cover, but I love Vittoria + love seeing models on the cover of American magazines vs celebs.

Looks like a backstage Gucci photo :yuk: Very unSorrenti :ninjas:

FAIR PLAY
Photography:
Cass Bird
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-up: Romy Soleimani
Models: Sylvia Anderson, Taylor Hill, Heather Kemesky, Mayowa Nicholas & Divine Mugisha

US Elle Digital Edition

SHAPE OF SPRING
Photography:
Sølve Sundsbø
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Syd Hayes
Make-up: Val Garland
Models: Malika Louback, Tara Raani & Ashley Radjarame

Elle France Digital Edition

There's variety in this issue, and even when the fashion isn't to my taste, I still want to look at the images, some of those editorial shots are just beautiful.

Thanks to Zorka for letting me see all of this.

It's sad to see a great photographer's style deteriorate over the years. What a disappointment. Vittoria is always spectacular, but she deserved better than this.

There’s no doubt Mario has been restraint, reigned in, even neutered these days— either voluntarily, in order to continue working, or being told to do so by his employers. There’s an absolute drop in how he portrays sensuality in this current fashion climate to how he once did so, and did so well. But the coverstory works so much more successfully when it’s viewed in its intended layout. Just the selects alone are only a part of the story. And in this case, the design team of Betty Wang, Leah Romero and Hanna Day-Tenerowcz know their work— at least for this issue, since I haven’t looked at ELLE US on a regular basis.

All the stories, with the exception of Solve’s rather generic Vogue-reject, are really solid, made even more potent with the wide open scope of Americana-scape with its portrayal of sun and warmth, and enhanced by the layout. It’s the first time, in a long time, I’ve gone back to look at the stories one and over. Cass’ and Julia’s being my favs.

1 lle USA 03.2024.jpg2 lle USA 03.2024.jpg3 lle USA 03.2024.jpg4 lle USA 03.2024.jpg5 lle USA 03.2024.jpg6 lle USA 03.2024.jpg7 lle USA 03.2024.jpg
ELLE USA March 2024

My library's digital copy is showing 228 pages, with the 'red dress' version of the cover.

Solve's story is the worst....i do like the cover story but not the cover....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->