US Elle May 2020 : Dua Lipa by Zoey Grossman

Nothing particularly wows me, but its well shot, and I dont got much serious gripes about it here. All I could ask for at this point imo.

I became a Dua Lipa convert this past month so I'm kinda into this. Once you get used to the fact that she gives zero energy in every aspect of life, you start to enjoy what she does. :lol:

The hideous styling adds a needed level of interest to combat her dead-behind-the-eyes expression. I actually kinda like the end result!

I became a Dua Lipa convert this past month so I'm kinda into this. Once you get used to the fact that she gives zero energy in every aspect of life, you start to enjoy what she does. :lol:
I dunno I could be quite laid back in my critique since I am a fan of both Dua Lipa and Zoey Grossman.

She doesnt look bad here just the this type of styling should be reserved for models if its to be used on covers. She doesn't give any emotion with her eyes unfortunately.

9D0547F8-E212-478A-BCC8-8E8BFF32B6CD.jpeg

Newsstands with more text.

source Dua Lipa Twitter

Why does everything look so tacky, like Hailey Bieber's first few covers? Tattoos, knickers showing, hair that may well be her own yet looks like a dodgy wig, and that shade of blonde. Baffles me how this girl continues to book cover after cover because she sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry on a wall.

Can someone please ID the look? It didn't work for Vogue HK and it's not working for this cover either.

Looks basic. Nina’ Elle has been all over the place

Nina’ Elle has been all over the place

Her focus is elsewhere, certainly not at this magazine. The only thing they have going for them is Steven Gan and his photographer contacts. Remove that and watch how they'll cave in like a pack of cards.

Can someone please ID the look? It didn't work for Vogue HK and it's not working for this cover either.

It’s Gucci S/S 2020, and I now have a whole new appreciation for Vogue Hong Kong because Joey Young worked that number way harder than Dua Lipa here. At the very least the pink knickers were absent on VHK!

I do like this way better than Dua’s current Vogue Australia cover, however. I like the two-tone hair on Dua here and can appreciate there’s zero gimmicks.

It’s Gucci S/S 2020...

Ah, thanks! Maybe this is his interpretation of Tom Ford-era sexiness, lol.....

I do hope Imaan will get a cover as well, there must be a reason she got such a prominent coverline. And no talk of Drake, please!

Why does everything look so tacky, like Hailey Bieber's first few covers? Tattoos, knickers showing, hair that may well be her own yet looks like a dodgy wig, and that shade of blonde. Baffles me how this girl continues to book cover after cover because she sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry on a wall.

Gucci SS20 + Moschino SS20
_GUC0062.jpg

_ALE0566.jpg

vogue

The covers are not bad, Dua is a gorgeous girl despite the hair. Her new album is great, I like most of the songs, the rhythm, the 80s.
These pics are very basic but when you have a popstar you can go for simpliness in my opinion. Still, her album shots by Comte are so beautiful that it makes me wonder how good it would have been if they put a little more effort..

Scraps of fabric on a girl of the moment.

Back in the grunge days, looking like you didn't care about convention was done with conviction. This just looks like the result of a doctor's prescription for anti-anxiety medication combined with an entire team's lack of effort.

They both look a bit like early 2000s Rolling Stone. The styling is atrocious but I love Dua.

DUA LIPA IS READY FOR THE PARTY ON THE OTHER SIDE
Photographer:
Zoey Grossman
Stylist: Charles Varenne
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-Up: Romy Soleimani
Model/Celebrity: Dua Lipa

elle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members