US Elle September 2024 : Lisa by Gregory Harris

When it comes to covers, Elle really fell off as the year progressed. I’m not even mad with the choice of coverstar — I’m also too ancient to understand her relevance but I know she’s wildly popular. However, I *am* mad that such a lackluster image was chosen for a cover, especially a September cover.

When it comes to covers, Elle really fell off as the year progressed. I’m not even mad with the choice of coverstar — I’m also too ancient to understand her relevance but I know she’s wildly popular. However, I *am* mad that such a lackluster image was chosen for a cover, especially a September cover.
At least it feels less pretentious than the other covers BP has made.

Complete overexposure on magazine covers. She hasn't even had a Top 50 solo hit in the US.

Miss the days of the big names and excitement of September magazine covers. Now we have Lisa and Blake Lively.

I remember in the 2000 when to get an US ELLE cover meant something.
Joe Zee and all the huge productions and so on.
Nowadays it could be a third tier Elle from god-knows-where and you wouldn't know the difference especially given the fact that the K-pop stars (who do NOTHING in these photoshoots and only advertise jewelry) are being offered 10 covers for the same month of the same magazine and they are on repeat every following month: useless and pure garbage.

Looks like a free magazine that you would receive at a University fashion show in Seoul.

BLACKPINK’S LISA IS READY TO BE UNLEASHED
Photography:
Gregory Harris
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Hyeyeon Jang
Make-up: Jiyeon Kim
Model/Celebrity: Lisa (Blackpink)

elle.com

Saying an Elle cover MEANT something in the 2000s is revisionist history if I’ve ever seen it on this forum. 🤣😬😭 What huge productions?

You don't remember the big stars and big editorials US Elle used to do in that time??? No, it's not revisionist history, just good memory 😎 .

Screams like a sellout cover to me just to say that their September issue is a hit. Not a fan.

she's very beautiful and carries the clothes well but she has zero attitude in this, lee hyori or BoA in their prime (or even CL lol) would've chewed this concept

If they wanted a pop breakout star they could have booked Sabrina Carpenter. I'm surprised she hasnt got big covers yet *cough cough vogue*

I like like, but hate the styling here. I miss glamour.

I'm not saying they didn't have "big stars", but they were always singers/c-list (more television actresses) compared to Vogue and Bazaar cover stars of the time. They were maybe a step above Glamour/Marie Claire, but a step below Vogue and Harper's Bazaar. I literally remember NONE of these big editorials you're talking about. Can you refresh my memory? Maybe I just never paid attention to Elle. :lol:

K-Pop stars make me feel truly ancient, I just have no idea who these girls are or why I should care despite hearing their names all the time. :lol:

To be honest, Black Pink is a bit dated now because they all are trying to build their own thing

Sorry not sorry, it’s the industry ~ to quote AHS ‘When a new supreme rises the old one fades away' or Hedi Kleum 'One day you are in, the next day you're out'
The new IT Korean girl band is NewJeans

Lisa here is a very smart girl dating an LVMH son, though he is not the successor, he is still wealthy

Nah it’s aespa time now. NewJeans is second to them for the time being

From a fashion perspective, NewJeans is more popular?
NewJeans they all have different contracts: Danielle (Celine), Hanni (Gucci), Haerin (Dior), Hyein (Vuitton) and Minji (Chanel)
They also worked with Takashi Murakami and other A-list artists for their music/ brand image

While Aespa as a group are Chopard and Givenchy brand ambassadors, only 2 of them have solo contracts with Ralph Lauren and Versace. (I am not their fan, so update me if I am wrong)

It's just not the same rank in terms of the money and brand level behind these girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sixna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->