US GQ November 2024 : Paul Mescal by Daniel Jackson

I generally like Daniel and Cortina work, but something here isn't working... I don't know if it's the photo, I don't know if it's this terrible outfit or maybe Paul isn't so photogenic, but something went wrong!

Whether it’s the styling or the photography itself, photos of Paul rarely succeed. They’re trying here, but the cropping is weird, and I don’t care for the styling.

That said, I’ll be picking up an extra copy for sure.

He’s handsome and seems cool, but also such a desperate pickmeguy for the gheyz it’s becoming irritating.

Lord this is awful. The old Honcho magazine pulled a much better cover than this.

GQ US November 2024
IMG_9224.jpeg

Photographer:
Dan Jackson
Styling: George Cortina
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Makeup: Miranda Joyce
(gq.com)
IMG_9225.jpeg

IMG_9227.jpeg
IMG_9228.jpeg
IMG_9229.jpeg
IMG_9230.jpeg
IMG_9226-compressed.jpeg
IMG_9231-compressed.jpeg
IMG_9232-compressed.jpeg
IMG_9233-compressed.jpeg

I think that the main problem is the direct sunlight, as he has squinting eyes in every shot. I couldn't care less about Paul, but he does look hot here.

George is just churning one cheap effort after another these days. In this case, a very painfully dated ModelMayhem doing Tyra’s ANTM challenge circa2007— with the theme being “Gladiator” gay-circuit.… He’ll be in the same league as Carine in no time if he continues in this lazy trajectory. That dreaded curse of once great creatives losing their touch when they reach their 60s is very real.

Dont like anything about this… They could’ve done better… Awful fashion awful photography…

It's just not flattering. What is with this modern-era GQ encouraging such sloppy, messy looks? Remember the Jim Nelson days when the motto was "look sharp, live smart" ? Yeah, I guess their aim was to tear that all down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ethan1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->