US GQ October 2024 : Beyoncé by Bryce Anderson

The war on good wigs rages on!

giphy.gif

giphy.com

The shoot isn't good, but there are several better cover options than this.

TRAGIC! The "hair", the Photoshop merging her wig with the logo, so amateur...

And there were even members here who said that Beyoncé would never wear a wig like Rihanna wore in the Dior campaign. Nothing like one day after another!

Terrible cover. I'm quite surprised she allowed Katie Grand to style it, though.
No way Katie Grand styled this must be a joke it is so so amateurish , unrealeased photos from CowBoy Carter would have done the job
TRAGIC! The "hair", the Photoshop merging her wig with the logo, so amateur...

And there were even members here who said that Beyoncé would never wear a wig like Rihanna wore in the Dior campaign. Nothing like one day after another!
I guess her appearance is intentional just to promote her two brands. You know that Beyoncé doesn't do anything for free: CÉCRED and Sir Davis for the promo. However, I agree that all the hairstyles from this editorial are not good, which is surprising from Beyoncé and her team.

I assume GQ didn’t mind because they got what they wanted: an interview with her, which is quite a rare thing.

Last edited:
Even her beauty can’t save that ugly Dolly Parton wig.
The Art Direction is very amateur too.

Why Miss Grand and not George Cortina?
No way Katie Grand styled this must be a joke it is so so amateurish , unrealeased photos from CowBoy Carter would have done the job

I guess her appearance is intentional just to promote her two brands. You know that Beyoncé doesn't do anything for free: CÉCRED and Sir Davis for the promo. However, I agree that all the hairstyles from this editorial are not good, which is surprising from Beyoncé and her team.

I assume GQ didn’t mind because they got what they wanted: an interview with her, which is quite a rare thing.
Seriously, why should an entertainer be on the cover of magazines, if it’s not to promote something?

Bad cover aside, it's just all too literal: ok she is promoting her hair products and her whisky but it's just right there with no fantasy or elevation. Even the miniature version of her with the cowboy hat for her last album is just all so in your face and obvious with no imagination. The dress is also just plain in the worse way and adds nothing to the overall already bland image...

it is amazing how vulgar and arrogant she has become as her solo career progressed. She actually had some nice covers back at the beginning of her solo career like W, Elle and Allure. It shows what happens when creative control is lost to the subject and a weak team are used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oreo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->