US GQ August 2022 : Brad Pitt by Elizaveta Porodina

Lmaoooo nothing could have prepared me.

Kind of love the rest of the editorial, though.

Stuff like this really makes me think that these people working in magazines these days must living in a parallel universe than the rest of us. The fact that this cover image ran down the ranks and everyone thought it looked incredible is just insane to me.

I never liked Brad, and this is what I expect from him. Nothing new.

I never thought I'd see a bad photo of Brad Pitt...until today. Oh, dear.

BRAD PITT
Photography:
Elizaveta Porodina
Styling: Jon Tietz
Hair: Josh Marquette
Make-up: Stacey Panepinto
Model/Celebrity: Brad Pitt

gq-magazine.co.uk

The reference to Ophelia by John Everett Millais in the last photo just makes me wonder what these people are thinking. They really think they're being slick, don't they?

800px-John_Everett_Millais_-_Ophelia_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

wikipedia

How on earth you got Brad Pitt for your cover and end up with this?! :sick:

I think this is all intentional…. I haven’t read the story yet, I’m waiting for my issue to arrive, but based on the headlines I’ve seen he’s saying he’s things like he’s “on the last leg of his career” etc so he’s kind of announcing a transition, right? …sending yesterday’s hunk down the river. The harsh lighting/angle might just be showing reality despite the editing, you know? Trying to keep justifying my subscription ok!

Stuff like this really makes me think that these people working in magazines these days must living in a parallel universe than the rest of us. The fact that this cover image ran down the ranks and everyone thought it looked incredible is just insane to me.
I really thought the same with Dua Lipa's cover for Vogue. How on Earth??? But the previous one with Bad Bunny wasn't a glory either. Modern Masculinity by Will Welch, Chapter 100. Luke Day should have been the Edward Enninful for GQ, not only this man for the entire worldwide franchise. And guess what, this disaster will be arround the globe as Nicolas Cage and Will Smith weird covers. The ed has cool pictures though, but still, is almost done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizaveta has a true skill in making a photo look like it's been left in the sun too long and lost all it's colour and soul. Now she has matched that aesthetic by making Brad Pitt look equally dead. A real talent for sure!

BRAD PITT
Photography:
Elizaveta Porodina
Styling: Jon Tietz
Hair: Josh Marquette
Make-up: Stacey Panepinto
Model/Celebrity: Brad Pitt

gq-magazine.co.uk

Wow. They should publicly apologize to Elizaveta for choosing the most horrible photo from this reverie-like editorial of Brad.

Horrible! And this time around even social media hates it not just us.

The title said Brad Pitt and when I saw the cover, I thought it was Franck Dubosc (French comedian). A mess all around…

Cover NO
Editorial...i like it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamascoTricepudo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->