US Harper’s Bazaar December 2020/January 2021 : Vanessa Kirby by Scott Trindle

Aww man! I have so much hope for the new era will be more fashion forward and feature only models.
Anyway okay-ish cover. Her head ratio look really big compare to her body tho.

Well this is a surprise! Would never expect to see Vanessa here, but she's more than a welcome sight! I do wish her neck was more visible, though.

Must admit I also like this change in Bazaar. Overall magazine and photography is still a bit of a choice in my opinion, but all the new and unexpected cover subjects are amazing! As well as the minimal approach to art direction - I do not miss Glenda's crowded big fonts. This is far more refined.

A decent shot cheapened by this horrendous art direction. Did they even think about this art direction or just selected Didot and called it a day?

Surprising to see Vanessa here and perfect timing with the trailer of Pieces of a Woman dropping and her Oscar buzz increasing. Not to crazy about the shot but curious to see what's inside.

Nice the Vanessa, but it could’ve been better.

It looks like a shot that belongs on the inside pages of British Bazaar.

Still, I'd probably be interested in seeing how this magazine is shaping up, although I get the feeling that the ever-diminishing page count of American magazines is not going to make the purchase worthwhile.

This is NOT a cover shot, she really has no clue, at all!! I mean wow, talk about being in over your head!! Really rooted for her, and I know it's only her second issue, but Jesus this is awful, lifeless, insipid, and this will not sell copies for you!

Seeing the editorial preview there were so many better options for a cover than this one!

Looks like a Vogue Spain cover by Thomas Whiteside. Say what you will but at least Glenda’s covers were joyous. This looks a tad sad.

it’s cute and I’m pretty sure it will look more impactful in hand.

A thousand times better than Liya Kebede's cover from last month, and given the massively toned down departure from Glenda Bailey's loud Harper's Bazaar aesthetic - things are finally looking up with Samira Nasr at the helm. I haven't been this into a US Bazaar cover since Bailey's last with Gigi!

I am ALL for seeing Vanessa Kirby, she's photographed beautifully here (surprise, surprise) and everything feels and looks... expensive. A very classy and sophisticated cover, which gets a resounding applause from me!

I love her but wish she wasn't clutching the coat so close to her face. She's losing her neck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgabes8
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"