US Harper’s Bazaar February 2021 : Awkwafina by Ryan McGinley

Annemarieke is the only deserving talent to have happened in this era of paralyzingly generic, juvenile photographers.

With just one shot, she’s able to portray so much mood, and given a chance to shoot a story— like the supreme one with Amber, she can blaze a cinematic scope to a simple narrative. Thank goodness for small favours in this blandest of uncreative eras. She gives me hope.

I wish the expression was a touch different, but this is pretty gorgeous and upscale looking to me. Reminds me of the divine Reese Witherspoon WSJ cover a few years ago.

A good issue overall. Aside from Awkwafina's outdated-like cover editorial, the other images are so good!

Thank God for Ludivine. That's a really nice editorial (although the multiple arms and hands effect is maybe a little bit weird). There's faint traces of Tilberis' Bazaar there, with a touch of Interview and yes WSJ LOL. I'm here for Edita Signe.

Quinn's edit looks quite fresh as well, although it's not really the kind of story that really stops me. Sad that the cover and featured editorial don't do any justice to Awkwafina, but overall I am actually anticipating the March issue now.

Got this in the mail. The print cover is wayyy darker in person.

At 134 pages, it feels like a thick issue compared to Vogue and other CN issues lately.

Great Ed! Quinn looks like she could be a model from the late 90's/ early 00's!
I think Amy Troost is so overrated... That story looks like one of those bad tests that models agencies commission to build models' portfolios....`She is blessed to be married to Alastair McKimm, otherwise I doubt she would have a career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"