US Harper’s Bazaar February 2021 : Awkwafina by Ryan McGinley

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Annemarieke is the only deserving talent to have happened in this era of paralyzingly generic, juvenile photographers.

With just one shot, she’s able to portray so much mood, and given a chance to shoot a story— like the supreme one with Amber, she can blaze a cinematic scope to a simple narrative. Thank goodness for small favours in this blandest of uncreative eras. She gives me hope.

Benn98 likes this.
  2. Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf New Member

I wish the expression was a touch different, but this is pretty gorgeous and upscale looking to me. Reminds me of the divine Reese Witherspoon WSJ cover a few years ago.

3. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

A good issue overall. Aside from Awkwafina's outdated-like cover editorial, the other images are so good!

caioherrero likes this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Such a weird issue...
    It’s great don’t get me wrong but also shocking to realize that this is Bazaar. The vibe is very WSJ, T or M le Monde. It’s very down to earth...
    Practically no smile...

5. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Thank God for Ludivine. That's a really nice editorial (although the multiple arms and hands effect is maybe a little bit weird). There's faint traces of Tilberis' Bazaar there, with a touch of Interview and yes WSJ LOL. I'm here for Edita Signe.

Quinn's edit looks quite fresh as well, although it's not really the kind of story that really stops me. Sad that the cover and featured editorial don't do any justice to Awkwafina, but overall I am actually anticipating the March issue now.

caioherrero likes this.
  6. glamrockgal

glamrockgal Member

She looks so disappointed on a magazine cover?!

7. axiomatic

axiomatic Well-Known Member

Got this in the mail. The print cover is wayyy darker in person.

At 134 pages, it feels like a thick issue compared to Vogue and other CN issues lately.

8. PowerDroid

PowerDroid Active Member

I think Amy Troost is so overrated... That story looks like one of those bad tests that models agencies commission to build models' portfolios....`She is blessed to be married to Alastair McKimm, otherwise I doubt she would have a career.