US Harper’s Bazaar February 2024 : Gisele Bündchen by Luis Alberto Rodriguez

So many great shots and they chose the one with the ugly… “dress” where she looks like a scavenger

it's whatever. there were better photos to chose from and thus far, one of the better covers during samira's tenure, which is not saying much.

definitely an updated/modern veruschka, yet it's still mid *shrugs*

i'm more interested in the other content of the issue lol

I'll be curious if they are testing Carlos Nazario to replace Samira. This type of role at Bazaar seems like a downgrade for him unless he went there due to bad blood with Condé.

I'll be curious if they are testing Carlos Nazario to replace Samira. This type of role at Bazaar seems like a downgrade for him unless he went there due to bad blood with Condé.
US Harper's Bazaar is a legendary publication with such an incredible history that I would never ever think of such a move as a downgrade.

Shots 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10 are glorious! They put a smile on my face!
And she makes it looks so easy!

Even the way she is posing in that pompom dress is fabulous!
He has a better position now than he had at CN. It’s more glamorous in the title to be Style Director at Large than just a contributing Editor but on a more practical level, he surely has more freedom at Bazaar than Vogue.
Putting Gisele on the cover is a decision he and Samira can make, which is far from having Anna assigned you to style Kim Kardashian or Naomi.

On top of that, the man is still styling shows and consulting? He is definitely winning.

At CN, Edward will have a similar position I think.

Last edited:
US Harper's Bazaar is a legendary publication with such an incredible history that I would never ever think of such a move as a downgrade.

It is not the publication I am referring to as a downgrade, it is Samira's tenure he is now attaching himself to as the downgrade. A lot of the photographers he regularly works with are typically more Condé Nast/Vogue style photographers. Oliver Hadlee Pearch, Tyler Mitchell, etc. That
is not quite the same caliber of talent that Samira has brought to the magazine.

For me it would make sense to bring Carlos in and evolve him into role similar to Edward/Emmanuelle Alt especially since his visual aesthetic is much stronger than what Samira has proposed for HB in the past few years.

TBH this type of move isn't that surprising in the magazine world. Look at Anna and Grace Mirabella at Vogue, Stefano/Edward and Edward/Sara Moonves at W.

It is not the publication I am referring to as a downgrade, it is Samira's tenure he is now attaching himself to as the downgrade. A lot of the photographers he regularly works with are typically more Condé Nast/Vogue style photographers. Oliver Hadlee Pearch, Tyler Mitchell, etc. That
is not quite the same caliber of talent that Samira has brought to the magazine.

For me it would make sense to bring Carlos in and evolve him into role similar to Edward/Emmanuelle Alt especially since his visual aesthetic is much stronger than what Samira has proposed for HB in the past few years.
I understand. I like what he has done for Bazaar's February 2024 issue.

I doubt is for replace Samira. Hearst know what they are doing since CN gave them the tools when they decided to make global contents and all the Vogue full of reprints. They are taking all the talent CN left: Sorrenti, McLellan, Nick Knight, Teller, even Emmanuelle Alt. Wouldn’t be surprised if Meisel starts to work with them too.

This doesn’t work for me. Styling is off, her switching between Glamazon warrior face and smiley laughing face is confusing where the narrative is concerned. The latter would’ve been better left as outtakes/behind the scene photos rather than included in the editorial. Plus I can’t help but see a man in the gold paint face shot. The one and only good shot is the black and white one where she’s hunched down on the ground

The cover isn’t the best, like someone said the dress over powers Gisele which is hard to do… but the edit makes up for it for sure!! Love seeing Gisele on covers and strong edits and definitely reminiscent of her back in the 2000’s!! I would buy just for Gisele!!

On the first glimpse I like this issue! I feel that Carlos injects a little bit of energy & excitement that has been lacking in Samira's Bazaar. Other than Gisele's ed, there is a 26 pages multi model ed shot by Ethan James Green & styled by Carlos again. Quite excited to see the March issue!

Not at ALL surprised to see American Harper's Bazaar messing up a cover with Gisele Bundchen. Samira Nasr seems absolutely hellbent on turning the magazine into one of the most depressing on the market. Per usual, Nasr's choice in cover photograph is always extremely questionable.

OK admittedly this isn't the worse I've seen, and fingers crossed Carlos Nazario can revive some old-school Bazaar charm!
She needs to be replaced! I know that the magazine market is dying but they stop trying to deliver us something exciting

there is a 26 pages multi model ed shot by Ethan James Green & styled by Carlos again.
OMG sounds great, @Zorka let us see that long editorial plsss....

I think he will have more freedom....waiting too for the march issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->