US Harper’s Bazaar February 2024 : Gisele Bündchen by Luis Alberto Rodriguez

...Well, well, well-- looks like Samira's Bazaar is being lulled out of its fashion depression. Ethan seems to be copping Meisel better then current-Meisel's been doing... But the story is unforgivable that Mariacarla and Sora only gets one select each while extremely non-photogenic Demi Singleton and that Emily Ratjakowski both get 2.

1 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg

2 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg3 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg4 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg5 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg6 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg7 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg8 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg

9 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg10 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg11 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg12 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg13 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg14 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg15 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg16 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg17 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg18 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg19 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg20 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg21 Harpers Bazaar USA 02.2024.jpg
Harpers Bazaar USA

Again, I want to like it, but my digital copy is showing 110 pages, so I already know I won't be paying the import price for this issue.

Carlos is a very commercial stylist with enough edge that fits a title such as HB.

I have to say I am pleased with his beginning! Love the shot of Mariacarla with the red dress.

...Well, well, well-- looks like Samira's Bazaar is being lulled out of its fashion depression. Ethan seems to be copping Meisel better then current-Meisel's been doing... But the story is unforgivable that Mariacarla and Sora only gets one select each while extremely non-photogenic Demi Singleton and that Emily Ratjakowski both get 2.

View attachment 1246439

View attachment 1246441View attachment 1246442View attachment 1246443View attachment 1246444View attachment 1246445View attachment 1246446View attachment 1246447

View attachment 1246448View attachment 1246449View attachment 1246450View attachment 1246451View attachment 1246452View attachment 1246453View attachment 1246454View attachment 1246455View attachment 1246456View attachment 1246457View attachment 1246458View attachment 1246459View attachment 1246460
Harpers Bazaar USA
Woah, Carlos getting Luis and Ethan for his first issue is quite a coup, despite my misgivings about both stories. Regardless, both editorials are a slight step up from the insipid stuff that Samira's been pushing out for HB.

I know contracts are a thing of the past and Condé is certainly not in any financial position to hold grudges, but does shooting for a Hearst publication like HB effectively 'ban' Luis and Ethan from Vogue and other Condé publications? I'm genuinely curious.

^^^ Yes-- inquiring minds want to know...

Talents like Luis and Ethan may just be wise enough to sense that at Vogue’s present and current trajectory, it’s going to hit that proverbial iceberg sooner than later, while Bazaar seems to be lowkey having a resurgence of sort; with its Italian and French— and even Spanish potentially tagging along, may just be a repeat of American Bazaar rising from the ashes when Liz & Fabien suddenly revitalized the stale brand, to overtake Vogue.

And Bazaar seems to afford the creative incentive to encourage real talent into aligning with them; giving them impressive 26pg stories, while Vogue has become the Reader’s Digest of fashion rags and editing already weak stories into a few measly spreads to their already budget-conscious pagecounts. If Samira’s willing to keep her Bazaar on happy meds, she’s heading in the right direction. It’s a long way before reaching the standards of her French and Italian sisters (not to mention her Korean and Chinese sisters have always secured robust pagecounts and decent content— at least stronger than the usual InstaVogue filler that’s now infested the Western Vogues).

Now maybe Samira can convince Fernando Rubalcalva to join her Bazaar and lend his art direction mastery to whatever this intro-to-graphic-design that’s being passed as art direction.

View attachment 1246439

View attachment 1246441View attachment 1246442View attachment 1246443View attachment 1246444View attachment 1246445View attachment 1246446View attachment 1246447

View attachment 1246448View attachment 1246449View attachment 1246450View attachment 1246451View attachment 1246452View attachment 1246453View attachment 1246454View attachment 1246455View attachment 1246456View attachment 1246457View attachment 1246458View attachment 1246459View attachment 1246460
Harpers Bazaar USA
Thanks @Phuel for sharing!... it's a really step up from the previous issues....let's wait for march...

I hope that the excitement continues at US Harper's Bazaar this year! Cannot wait for the March issue now.

OMG sounds great, @Zorka let us see that long editorial plsss....

Of course, my love! ❤️

ALL-STARS (Textless)
Photography: Ethan James Green
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Make-up: Yadim
Models: Mariacarla Boscono, Tyla, Emily Ratajkowski, Lori Harvey, Demi Singleton, Yha'la, Ali Dansky, Jecardi Sykes, Aliza Jarmon, Jecardi Sykes, Dara, Amelia Gray, Guinevere van Seenus, Myha'la, Caleb Giles, Connie Fleming, Sage Elsesser, Devyn Garcia, Colin Jones, Alek Wek, Dominic Sessa, Sora Choi, Eden & Ida Heiner

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Why this Ethan is everywhere? Is it really that hard to find decent photographer? There is nothing special in his work to shot for so many different magazines

Of course, my love! ❤️

ALL-STARS (Textless)
Photography: Ethan James Green
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Lucas Wilson
Make-up: Yadim
Models: Mariacarla Boscono, Tyla, Emily Ratajkowski, Lori Harvey, Demi Singleton, Yha'la, Ali Dansky, Jecardi Sykes, Aliza Jarmon, Jecardi Sykes, Dara, Amelia Gray, Guinevere van Seenus, Myha'la, Caleb Giles, Connie Fleming, Sage Elsesser, Devyn Garcia, Colin Jones, Alek Wek, Dominic Sessa, Sora Choi, Eden & Ida Heiner

Thank you @Zorka <3 who was the previous fashion director? is it possible to share the masthead¿ thanks again....

Why this Ethan is everywhere? Is it really that hard to find decent photographer? There is nothing special in his work to shot for so many different magazines
The fashion industry is full with weird people...connections,contacts, convenience are the 3 C's in fashion i guess...

Thank you @Zorka <3 who was the previous fashion director? is it possible to share the masthead¿ thanks again....

In March issue 2019 by then EIC Glenda Bailey, Nicole Fritton (who has held a title of fashion director for more than a decade) has been given a new title - the executive fashion director, while the fashion director became Miguel Enamorado.

From May 2022 ("The Beauty issue") now EIC Samira Nasr has decided to cancel the title of fashion director completely, naming Miguel Enamorado the accessories director.

Now, in February 2024 issue, as we all know, Samira "invented" a new title, naming Carlos Nazario the "style director at large":

Carlos Nazario Joins Harper’s Bazaar as Style Director at Large

It’s a great issue so far. I’m not a Bazaar reader but this is interesting enough to purchase…
That Meisel/Mert&Marcus story of Ethan is quite glorious!

I’m curious on what the deal will be for Bazaar though. Is Samira done with styling the Eds?

Vogue US position will be interesting to look at once Edward’s involvement with the magazine is settled.
Edward now has the cachet to bring all the stars and also to bring stars photographers back at Vogue, if Anna is willing to collaborate (which judging by her editorial choices in the past 3 years indicate that she will).
I know Edward can bring names like Meisel back on Vogue US.

I think Vogue US will always have this advantage over Bazaar that is their identity. Anna was so focused and consistent in the identity she gave to the magazine that when she uses the right talents, it can always work.

We saw it with the Campbell Addy cover and story with Usher and Carolyn Murphy. Classic American Vogue by Anna.

Nazario can definitely help Bazaar in having a cultural relevance again.

You can precisely point out several Meisel editorials that were on the moodboard for this shoot lol Which is fine, he's mostly doing a solid job. A new supreme rises as the previous fades, whatever.

It would be interesting to see Meisel at Bazaar. Thirty years too late, but why not?

I was flicking through this magazine on my library's magazine app and the editor's letter about "finding joy" juxtaposed with Samira looking deadly serious made me laugh. Lighten up, oh my god.

1708478442881.png

I wanted to buy this issue but 21 euros is too much!!! prefer to invest on a independent title 3 times bigger and at the same price....crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->