US Harper’s Bazaar March 2024 : Solange Knowles by Larissa Hofmann

Oh - they could've done so much better having her.

I like Solange, but this photo is so dreary and amateurish!

the styling is abysmal but I do like the rest.

btw, when will Samira be gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Solange so much! I don't mind the covershot, just wish it was a bit more zoomed in.

I asked once and I Will ask here again: is there any thread about Samira style / stylist days Back when she used to work at Vanity Fair or anywhere else? Because its really necessary to have a special place where All her work is put side by side. Why this woman have this particular eye for images? Why everything feels so flat EVERY SINGLE ISSUE? I really want and need to see Samira work early HB. Please helppppppp

It is not a bad cover. There are elements that I do like (the Prada outfit for example) but it does not pop or have the wow factor that I look for. It might be too dark.

I feel like some issues of Samira's Bazaar are soooooooo close to looking good, but everything ultimately flops. I was surprised by how the Feb cover with Gisele doesn't pop on the newsstand like I thought it might (but I bought the W Performance issue, so there's no accounting for taste).

Solange (and Gisele before) looks less miserable than most of the previous cover stars Bazaar has had... so something is moderately improving. I don't hate the cover. I feel like Bazaar (foreign editions included, except UK) are constantly trying to re-create the magic in the bottle that was Liz+Fabien, when ugh... they'll never be able to.

I feel like some issues of Samira's Bazaar are soooooooo close to looking good, but everything ultimately flops. I was surprised by how the Feb cover with Gisele doesn't pop on the newsstand like I thought it might (but I bought the W Performance issue, so there's no accounting for taste).

Solange (and Gisele before) looks less miserable than most of the previous cover stars Bazaar has had... so something is moderately improving. I don't hate the cover. I feel like Bazaar (foreign editions included, except UK) are constantly trying to re-create the magic in the bottle that was Liz+Fabien, when ugh... they'll never be able to.
How is the current team at US Harper's Bazaar trying to recreate the magic in the bottle that was Liz and Fabien? I really don't see it, especially by the graphic design. I think they are creating a magazine that is completely different in it's look and feel.

This magazine is so expensive in Italy....21 euros??? i wanted the Gisele issue but i changed my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->