US Harper’s Bazaar November 2024 : Kendrick Lamar by Quentin de Briey

He is very cute and he looks good in his Celine suit!
He gets a pass for being on the cover of Bazaar.

Surprising that the cover is not Chanel…

I can see the cover photograph with an American GQ or Esquire logo, but not Harper's Bazaar. There is nothing special or unforgettable about it. It is very safe and boring.

This might work for a Rolling Stone cover but I don't see it fitting for a women's fashion mag like Bazaar.
Same, I like Kendrick, he’s great live and I’m sure the SB will be a memorable one, but he has no relevance in womenswear. Magazines are just so starved these days, really doing anything to sell.. they’d feature underage Disney stars if they could.

Steve McQueen on the cover of Bazaar is one of their most iconic. This is not it. Samira at this point just has a personal vendetta against this publication and wants to drive it to the ground and I’m sorry but the Bazaar woman doesn’t care about hip-hop.

Steve McQueen on the cover of Bazaar is one of their most iconic. This is not it. Samira at this point just has a personal vendetta against this publication and wants to drive it to the ground and I’m sorry but the Bazaar woman doesn’t care about hip-hop.
Interesting…
Who and what is the Bazaar woman in 2024?

I think a lot of magazines face the same dilemma - do you remain blandly mainstream or do you start speaking to a niche audience?

US Bazaar often ends up flip-flopping between the two options, so even if it starts going down one road, you still end up with Paris Hilton or a K-pop star on the cover.

As an aside, looking through the past few months, Samira doesn't get enough credit for how often she puts models on the cover, Gisele, Anok, Naomi have all taken their turn recently.

You don't see that with US Vogue these days, you're lucky if you get Kendall or Kaia as your 'model' cover.

^ probably no one buys this magazine no matter who is on the cover or how it looks so they are not even trying. Same with Elle. Samira will definitely get the credit for being one of the nails in print's coffin

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboyblesk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->