US Harper’s Bazaar October 2024 : Jennie by Zoë Ghertner

I like both the cover and the photographs inside. The styling is perfect and the gold is a nice touch.

Blackpink Jennie will always be a part of me, but you will also get to experience this new side” LMFAO— spoken like a true scripted AI fembot to optimize consumer-spending for a new brand produced by her corporate overlords.

As much as this is a bought coverstory, admittedly, it’s nice to see an Asian face on the cover of these Western rags, but these Kpop girls/boys are so assembly-lined dead in the eyes products, with not a sliver of individuality, let alone style, they may as well be plastic mannequins with anime features. But they must have learned from the mother of all fembots-- Beyonce, about optimizing brand profile and profits, while saying as little as possible, lest you offend someone, anyone. That it’s Zoe, the mother of AI-photography 101, shooting this, is sort of brilliantly hilarious in its irony.

And despite all this, Samara’s Bazaar still possesses more life, energy and a POV than the editors of French/English/Italian/American Vogue combined.

1 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg

2 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg3 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg4 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg5 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg6 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg7 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg8 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg9 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg

10 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg11 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg12 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg13 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg14 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg15 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg

16 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg17 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg18 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg19 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg20 Harpers Bazaar USA 10 2024.jpg
Harpers Bazaar USA October 2024

And despite all this, Samara’s Bazaar still possesses more life, energy and a POV than the editors of French/English/Italian/American Vogue combined.
I truly feel like we're watching a baby learn how to walk with Samira at Bazaar.

I do not like the fashion editorials in this issue. "Life's Rich Pageant" and "Cool Front" do not appeal to me at all. I think that they are visually terrible.

I think the only covers with these kpop idols that I liked were the ones with V. It’s really remarkable how Jennie is so beautiful in music videos but gives nothing in pictures. Truly the Alicia Vikander of kpop. They’re gonna keep trying to make those girls happen on their own but those solo songs simply are not doing it, not even Rosalía could save Lisa’s. Also I really don’t like Ghertner’s photography, the composition bothers me a lot.

I like "Cool Front". It's chic and mature. "Life's Rich Pageant" has potential but I'm not a fan of the layout.

So we got Jennie and Lisa. Who's next? Karen and Stephanie? Are they just pulling names out of a hat? Jokes aside, who is the key demographic for this subject? Are the women that read HB really going to know who this singer is? Will they even care?

Because I'm always bashing Samira Nasr, I will start off on a positive note: I like the colours. I like the Chanel, and the graphic black masthead. Not too fond of the wet hair, the lank pose from Jennie and Zoë Ghertner's amateur photography. That shot of Jennie in the white Chanel dress with the Bazaar masthead attached ought to have been the final cover.

Of all the things that KPop is, of all the fun they could have had with this, somehow we end up with a bored-looking girl on a plain white background. How? x100. I don't understand how you can miss the mark THAT bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->