US Harper’s Bazaar September 2024 : Naomi Campbell by Malick Bodian

avatar feelings... she always looks to the camera with "i am icon" freezed expression... its just what you see, its not a model anymore, its a persona... cheap

Saw the editorials inside this issue and let me just say they are very, very good!

Especially comparing to Vogue’s September issue which don’t read high fashion.

Read through the issue this morning. It was 218 pages, if I recall. Decent story in Egypt with Imaan, everything else is forgettable but mostly inoffensive. Cover looks better in print.

i'm shocked at how well this came out considering the mag its for. my immediate thought is: someone else was making decisions other than samira because this is not her typical drab-colored MO

for it to be multi-covers, yeah someone senior made a decision on this.

could it have been better? of course. but i welcome this sign of promise, potential, and progress for HB.

A Sense Of Place
Photographer: Vincent van de Wijngaard
Styling: Imruh Asha
Hair & Make Up: Pawel Solis
Model: Imaan Hammam

Bazaar US Digital
oh that's so gorgeous. I've wondered where he's been. And with Imaan again too.

Cairo's spectacular. It's great to see an editorial shot in Africa that's not a Veruschka safari or boho Morocco with blue walls and cactuses, or to shoot a street story outside NYC or Paris. Really refreshing.

This is the first styling job that I have ever liked from Carlos, well done
But it took him 5 years to pull something cohesive together

RHAPSODY IN BLUE
Photography:
Gabriel Moses
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Make-up: Thomas De Kluyver
Models: Akon Changkou, Onyinyechi Chijioke, Kayako Higuchi & Lara Menezes

Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

INNER STRENGTH
Photography:
Pegah Farahmand
Styling: Vittoria Cerciello
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Make-up: Yumi Lee
Models: Emmi Freeman, Ylang Messenguiral, Valerie Scherzinger & Tasha Tilberg

Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

^^^ It’s a gorgeous issue. Samira’s found a great balance between her mature, stripped-down and bare sensibility (that oftentimes sadly translates to depressing and bland), and an effortless elegance of women. Every story is warm, flows with a pulse and energy— and radiants fashion. Even hers, she’s finally convincing as a woman of warmth, joy and grace— and the once great model she was. Unfortunate she’s so insufferable these days, further encouraged, enabled by these rags. “I didn’t like being the first in a lot of things, but barriers have to be broken” LMFAO She’s so convinced she’s Nelson Mandela when the reality is she’s just a brat who was once a great model.

@Zorka, your seeming hatred of graphics works in favour of the stories this time. Because, such pedestrian art direction and graphic design!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legonutter1977
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->