US Harper's Bazaar August 2009 : Kate Winslet by Peter Lindbergh

^ I'll definately buy subscribers cover on eBay. Great, but it's similar to Drew's Cover and Background is likely to Sarah Jessica Parker's cover.

NYC is such a great place... so it should be on every cover;-))))

love the subscribers cover, even it is a direct ripoff of drew's...

^It also echoes SJP's because of the coloring - but as someone said a NYC backdrop is always wonderful enough :heart:

20090206_bizarre_250x345.jpg

mizposh

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I could tire of covers that use NY as a backdrop. That's not the best one I've seen, but it's Bazaar's thing now, to get their cover girl out in the city. It's a pity they reserve these shots for the subscribers covers - you'd wonder if they couldn't find some way to incorporate a city background into a watered-down newsstand-friendly cover shot.

I completely agree. I'd love to be able to get the subscribers cover. Kate Winslet + Pete Lindbergh is such a classic combination.

The good: The editorial shots. Kate looks sensational and the overall atmosphere is wonderful.

The bad: I can't stop laughing at the fact that the subscriber cover concept is nearly identical to the Drew cover (the height thing). At least SJP's is different, but is their creativity so limited? New York has so much to offer, come on. As for the newsstand cover, matching the dress color to the background...it's just painful at this point.

So much better than the Angelina cover. what a net improvement.
Now only if there could be a few decent editorials..... but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's so odd seeing Winslet on a magazine cover when she's not promoting a film. You only ever see her really when she's promoting one of her films!

Ew @ the newstand cover. Way too much text going on.

YAY! @ the subscriber's cover (which is the one I will be receiving LOL)

Subscribers cover is wonderful, but the newsstands one is awful, as usual they've chosen the worst pic, I like the blue & white combination though.

why do they always do this? a sub bar newsstand cover yet there is a decent subscriber cover?

Fabulous At Every Age - They Used This Killing Words AGAIN & AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
back to the traditional cover design style. (it means the same-old-style)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->