US Harper's Bazaar August 2009 : Kate Winslet by Peter Lindbergh

just seen the first page ....
but right now i'm having a BIG BIG déjà-vu feeling ...
esp. the 2nd, 3rd and 4th !

The colours of the subscribers cover reminds me of SJP's cover. Still gorgeous though..
The newsstand cover is awful. The text overload has ruined that nice shot of Kate.
Doubt I will be buying the newsstand cover this month.

^ me too. I love Kate and Subscribers cover is great. I can repeat and repeat it. :lol:

really like the subscriber's cover. it looks very high end and of high fashion calibur..which i like.

newstand cover = bazaar from 2008
subs cover = i love. so glad i subscribe

I like Kate but she doesn't inspire me to pick up a magazine when I see her on it. I don't think of her as fashionable at all.

That newsstand cover... there's nothing particularly 2009 about it. There's nothing saying, let's get excited about what the month ahead has to offer, let's start loving the fashion of autumn-winter. There's nothing visually suggesting any sense of now-ness. Simply putting the word 'fall' on the front isn't going to make that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the 2009 Bazaar! This cover made me appreciate the beauty of the first set of 2009 Bazaars! The pink background, the irritating font... oh

well at least kate is a an interesting cover subject. but she's not good enough to make up for that angelina fiasco.

her editorial reminds me of drew's as well.

originality is obviously a well that has gone extremely dry. -_-

I love the subscriber's cover....lovely pose. It's like a broken records with Bazaar, the newstand cover is always awful/sub par and the subscribers is beautiful

looks exactly the same as nicole richie's cover from.. 2007?
the newstand one, the fonts i mean
not kate, love her

"Fabolous At Every Age"..i'll be taking this sentence with me until the day i die. :lol: :D kiddin'.

i actually like the newsstand cover. though, again, so much text going on.

Boring hairdo, make-up and styling :innocent: At least it's a studio shot.

I really think Kate is one of the most beautiful actresses working, but all the text on the cover, UGH! They need to look back in the 1990s when there was minimal text and the covers had such elegance....( sigh) One can only hope!

Hey,at least it's not a shot of Kate on the red carpet at the premiere of Titanic.

^indeed!

I like the fact that the new font from the last couple of covers is not used.

I'm getting sick of pseudo-handwritten fonts now that they seem to be everywhere - enough with the scrawls, there's nothing wrong with classic type. That's one good thing about the newsstand cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->