US Harper's Bazaar August 2009 : Kate Winslet by Peter Lindbergh

I don't really like the cover shot.....odd pose, and the hair is a bit weird?
BUT, as i said in Kate's thread, i'm excited to see her on a cover.
The inside images are gorgeous!

Harper's often choose cover shots of her with odd expressions i've noticed.
Her 2003 cover was stunning, as was the shot with Cameron in 2007.
But the others have all had something a little bit weird going on in the face.
Almost as though they've used the image that was one shutter click away from the good one.

Still I love the relationship she has with Harper's. She always produces beautiful photoshoots with them.
Her 2004 subscriber cover is one of my all time favourites!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some gorgeous cover of Kate on Harper's Bazaar.
As Birdyandme said in her post: She likes the 2004 subs cover. Do you have it? please post.

Dec2005-1.jpg

Dec2005.jpg

Jan2007-1.jpg

Jan2007-2.jpg

Oct2004-1.jpg

(Some from my collection, some from Kate Winslate fansite)

Yay! I'm really happy Kate got the cover. She's very talented. The subscriber's cover is gorgeous.

^^ All of those covers apart from the ones with Cameron are the ones I find to look awkward.
This is the 2004 cover I was talking about that is just gorgeous, however this is probably all a bit off topic.
Anyway:
harpers-bazaar_oct-04_002.jpg

ilovebytes

the second cover (subs cover) is from December 2005. I love this verymuch

Hey,at least it's not a shot of Kate on the red carpet at the premiere of Titanic.
:lol:

I'll be honest here and say that Kate in a fashion magazine is pure boredom for me :ninja:, she's managed to be so professional to the point that she inspires (at least in me) what an architect or a musician inspires, I don't care in the least bit who they hang out with, how much they love their partners, what they think of Chanel's bags or how they've found a new diet or city to rave about.. you only gain satisfaction when you see them in full performance.. that's why it's always perplexing for me why they keep giving her so many covers, I know it's all PR but.. I just don't think that talking about her style or lifestyle is necessary, at all... but maybe she wants to, oh well..

now that we're reminiscing, I detest Bazaar covers but after seeing the recap, I think I'd stick to her June 2003 appearance.. this is the Japanese reprint but same shot..

View attachment 464068
[ebay]

Attachments

• Harpers Bazaar-JP-33.jpg
    Harpers Bazaar-JP-33.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
What is it with this Fabulous at every age thing? can't they write about something else.

I really dont understand why Harpers always choose the worst picture as the newsstand cover. The subscriber's cover and her editorial look really good though.

i love kate and the subscriber cover is fantastic... the newstand cover is a little underwhelming but at least it's not neon pink...

'Fabulous At Every Age & Shape' :censored: :angry:

:lol:

I'll be honest here and say that Kate in a fashion magazine is pure boredom for me :ninja:, she's managed to be so professional to the point that she inspires (at least in me) what an architect or a musician inspires, I don't care in the least bit who they hang out with, how much they love their partners, what they think of Chanel's bags or how they've found a new diet or city to rave about.. you only gain satisfaction when you see them in full performance.. that's why it's always perplexing for me why they keep giving her so many covers, I know it's all PR but.. I just don't think that talking about her style or lifestyle is necessary, at all... but maybe she wants to, oh well..

now that we're reminiscing, I detest Bazaar covers but after seeing the recap, I think I'd stick to her June 2003 appearance.. this is the Japanese reprint but same shot..
[ebay]

So well said, it echoes my exact feeling about Winslet on covers, i am not interested either.

Oh, but they added "& Shape" this time. What an improvement. :lol:

=)) =)) But they should really stop these over used lines! They must create a new tag line and after using it on an issue throw the tag line on the trash bin and never use it again! Be creative BAZAAR! Adding SHAPE is not being much of a creative magazine.

Cover Looks
They wrote suitable word for the cover on the cover. ^_^

part of the cover / cover source : justjared

^ LOL! That newsstand cover is unfortunate. Especially since Kate looks amazing in the subcribers cover (and in every other pic that was posted except for that one that they chose to go on the cover). I hate that HB does that.

The shot of Kate in the white gown hanging from the structure is brilliant!!! It totally reminds me of the iconic Erwin Blumenfeld photo of a model posing on the Eiffel tower!

Here is the image I was referring to:

blumenfeldd.jpg

Flickr- Bruno Decembre

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->