US Harper's Bazaar June/July 2023 : Anitta by Emmanuel Sanchez Monsalve

Look, I'm happy for her, but this is almost shocking. I could understand her being in one of the covers of Elle's Music Issue, but is she really relevant enough in the US to justify a solo cover for Harper's Bazaar? I honestly didn't know. On a different note, why are the cover shots so drained of joy month after month?
Remember she was on the cover of Allure when she was starting her career there?
Other thing, I think that Anitta's timing for these covers is very wrong, it should be close to the launch of her album, just like the big singers do. Get covers now and at launch there won't be any. Or is the release close? Nobody knows…
But here cover and editorial for elle Brazil this month are better

A very thin summer issue, only 124 pages. And so little contents inside. I don’t know what’s happening with US Bazaar but i noticed this year they’ve been decreasing their content pages. Less budget? The editorials doesn’t excite me either, other than Anitta’s cover story, there is 1 more editorial by Cass Bird and an accessories / jewelries story. Sorry Samira, but I can’t defend you this month.
No budget cause i doubt this sell lol

Look, I'm happy for her, but this is almost shocking. I could understand her being in one of the covers of Elle's Music Issue, but is she really relevant enough in the US to justify a solo cover for Harper's Bazaar? I honestly didn't know. On a different note, why are the cover shots so drained of joy month after month?
Now she is with Epic Records, they will spend money to force her like Warner did

A very thin summer issue, only 124 pages. And so little contents inside. I don’t know what’s happening with US Bazaar but i noticed this year they’ve been decreasing their content pages. Less budget? The editorials doesn’t excite me either, other than Anitta’s cover story, there is 1 more editorial by Cass Bird and an accessories / jewelries story. Sorry Samira, but I can’t defend you this month.

For some odd reason, their ad pages still used to beat Vogue's on the odd occasion under Glenda. In fact advertising was still quite strong under her. So I'm not surprised about the drop. The magazine in its current state is God-awful and not aspirational at all and I can say with my chest that Samira wouldn't last in meeting with advertisers, which is what magazine editors should have been able to do for the past 10 or so years.

Also, I have no idea who Anita is nor do have the need to find out. I wonder how famous she is in America. Unlike Vogue who gave their worst-selling issue of the year to the buzziest movie, Samira decided on a virtual unknown.

^^^ Latin America. Not sure the children would pay for her in the US tho. She may be branded as a Due Lipa alternative. But Jack Harlow has more relevance than her in the US … She’s already been on the cover of WSJ, so she isn’t new to these American rags. Whether you like/dislike her, she’s a beautiful woman with all the potential for a strong shoot (and she looks like Brandi Quinones here…). Eh, blame it on the photographer and the team for the tepid imagery.

What’s truly offensive is the amateur layout and coverlines— and in that horrendously cheap highlighter yellow and stock typeface. Please terminate that "graphic design is my passion” design team and invest the budget for a competent team, one that actually knows layout beyond having taken a 1st-year design student’s course.

I've been recycling some of my old 2016-2020 Bazaars because I do not have the room for them - some of those issues were massive. People might remember Glenda's edition as being generic, but looking back now, they made the most of being a print publication designed to appeal to a mass audience. There isn't a hope of seeing the same paper quality now, or any effort being made with page design beyond considerations of how it looks on a screen.

^^^ Her Bazaar was a hit with casual fashion fans. It was the oversaturated gaudy colors, the loud Vegas-graphic design, the camp— all culminating to the equivalent of catchy pop tracks in the form of a fashion rag. It was very accessible to the masses and casual fashion fans. More so than Vogue, which would explain the healthy advertising content.

(I still prefer Samara's Bazaar to hers, by leagues and leagues. Those that want Glenda back can look towards Bazaar Spain. Her Bazaar is alive and kicking over there.)

^^^ Latin America. Not sure the children would pay for her in the US tho. She may be branded as a Due Lipa alternative. But Jack Harlow has more relevance than her in the US … She’s already been on the cover of WSJ, so she isn’t new to these American rags. Whether you like/dislike her, she’s a beautiful woman with all the potential for a strong shoot (and she looks like Brandi Quinones here…). Eh, blame it on the photographer and the team for the tepid imagery.

What’s truly offensive is the amateur layout and coverlines— and in that horrendously cheap highlighter yellow and stock typeface. Please terminate that "graphic design is my passion” design team and invest the budget for a competent team, one that actually knows layout beyond having taken a 1st-year design student’s course.
She can be a p**n version of Dua then lol

Another dud of a cover to add to the ever-growing list of dire Harper's Bazaar covers under Samira Nasr.

Remember she was on the cover of Allure when she was starting her career there?
Other thing, I think that Anitta's timing for these covers is very wrong, it should be close to the launch of her album, just like the big singers do. Get covers now and at launch there won't be any. Or is the release close? Nobody knows…
But here cover and editorial for elle Brazil this month are better
I'd forgotten. That was a beautiful cover. I was also surprised when she got that one.

Knowing how long Hearst had to look for Glenda’s replacement, I can see them looking at all these tepid covers and simply shrugging.

Samira Nasr is simply a bad fit for this magazine. From. The. Start.

Inside pictures are no better than the cover…

The styling is terrible, yikes.

it seems that republic is spending more than warner on her, i don't think she will go far, it's as a brazilian i don't support her, her having surgery was always public knowledge but 5 years ago she was beautiful at least, nowadays she's about to have the jackson brothers nose

it seems that republic is spending more than warner on her, i don't think she will go far, it's as a brazilian i don't support her, her having surgery was always public knowledge but 5 years ago she was beautiful at least, nowadays she's about to have the jackson brothers nose
For me the least of her problems are the plastic surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->