US Harper's Bazaar March 2021 : Megan Thee Stallion by Collier Schorr

No, no, no, Keep all of this. The fonts look so generic as well. The first page from Megan’s edit is practically screaming.

No elegance, no glamour, no good photographers, no good models, no good stylists or art direction.

I can’t find a redeeming factor.

US Harper's Bazaar March 2021

What Martha Stewart Knows

Photographer: Cass Bird
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Hair: Ward
Makeup: Nicole Daisy Toye
Cast: Martha Stewart

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

An Artistic Legacy

Photographer: John Edmonds
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Eric Williams, Tashana Miles
Makeup: Katie Mellinger
Cast: Naudline Pierre, Faith Ringgold, Julie Mehretu, Ming Smith, Firelei Baez, Abigail Deville, Steffani Jemison, Leslie Hewitt, E. Jane, Saya Woofalk, Maren Hassinger, Xaviera Simmons, Sable Elyse Smith, Mickalene Thomas, Jordan Casteel

American Hustle

Photographer: Emmanuel Sanchez Monsalve
Stylist: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Gonn Kinoshita
Makeup: Asami Matsuda
Cast: Vanessa Aguasvivas

Samira sweetie...

giphy.gif

giphy

What a sad waste of paper. Amy Troost provided the only remotely interesting story in this issue, more precisely that single image of the girl with braids dressed in Miu Miu. It's fun and interesting to look at - the rest is not. I love a studio shoot, but when you use up 30 pages of a magazine and page after page is a bland studio image... it's just so boring! Nothing is captivating, I didn't pause scrolling once, let alone bother opening the images in a new tab.
And to think this was supposed to be a Spring fashion issue!

So basically American fashion magazines are giving us anything but fashion....insipid issue....The team who did Porter Magazine should be doing HB not Samira and Company....

When 40-something male Caucasian photographers are 'out' and 'unusable', it's a grim reality that slaps you in the face. We are all 'woke' and, apparently, this is what we deserve. It's underwhelming. After a whole year of pandemic I was hoping for something uplifting and aspirational. And that story styled by Patti Wilson......My g-o-d....

Glenda was trashy but fun, this is just depressing. All studio shootings. The layout is horrible. Please, why not give a magazine to Fabien and Karl, they love fashion and know how to do. It’s sad.

^ I really fell out of love with magazines when they did the inevitable and left Interview, and I knew that was coming a long time before it did, and I knew that there would be nothing else to really be loyal to.

This issue did not build on my recent positive impressions of some aspects of Samira's Bazaar, quite the opposite. I still might pick up the Feb issue for that lovely Annemarieke editorial, but there's nothing as good as that here.

'All Over Black, White and Red' and 'As You Like It' are OK, particularly the first editorial has some nice images, like the opener with the Margiela look, but those two stories are like the kind you stick at the back of the book once you've gotten through five other more powerful and important fashion narratives. Patti Wilson's editorial is really poor. She did used to be a really good stylist (IMO) and did strong work in the Noughties. Sigh.

It's looking like a very uphill struggle from here on for Nasr....

Thanks for the images Benn98, as ever :flower:

230-something pages. I got my copy in the mail a while ago and have yet to look it over, except to check the page count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->